We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon to Nazare by public transport

bristol uk
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Lisbon to Nazare by public transport

My mother (72 and fit) and her friend want to visit Nazare. She will need to use public transport as she does not drive. Is it possible to get there by coach ? I assume she will need to get a taxi from the airport to the coach station in Lisbon - is there only one main coach station ? All help gratefully received.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lisbon to Nazare by public transport

You have up to 6 bus a day from Lisbon to Nazaré in the Rede Expressos company (www.rede-expressos.pt) that cost €8,50 one way. The station for this company is "Sete Rios", served also by metro and by train, but with no direct connection to the airport. A taxi should take you there for €10. There are other bus stations serving other bus companies, but this is the one you're looking for.

Dublin,
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lisbon to Nazare by public transport

Hi there

The information from the previous poster is correct and I did this route during the summer. Tell your mother when she arrives in the airport to go downstairs to departures where she will find more taxis than at arrivels. From airport to bus station is about 15/20 mins. Bus to Nazare takes slightly less than 2 hours. Its a fairly easy trip. Not sure but I think its about €100 by Taxi and takes about one hour twenty mins from airport to Nazare.

Jim

bristol uk
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lisbon to Nazare by public transport

Thank you both so much for your help. We should complete on an apartment in Sitio at the end of the year so my Mum is "booking" her weeks ASAP. I will be sure to give her all your tips.

4. Re: Lisbon to Nazare by public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 07:18