We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed regarding the alfa pendular from Entre Campos

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Topic
Help needed regarding the alfa pendular from Entre Campos

On a future Saturday, I have to take the train from Entre Campos to Porto. I have checked the web site and selected the train. However, on previous postings it was recommended to buy the ticket a few days before, since it is usually full, and seats are assigned by number. It was also noted that tickets could be obtained off the net. However, it is unlikely I will have access to a computer, when there, so plan to go to the Entre Campos station and buy a ticket a few days before. I would like to know where to buy the ticket at the station. I think it is unlikely a machine (as one does when going to Sintra). Also, are their many platforms at Entre Campos, and if so how does one know which platform to go to to catch the train? Also, is there some way to identify the train when it arrives so that I don't miss it? Any help will be appreciated greatly. Thanks.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,047 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed regarding the alfa pendular from Entre Campos

Be aware that most Porto AP and Intercity trains do NOT use Entrecampos station! They all use Oriente; all but two start from Santa Apolonia in the city centre. The only two AP trains to Porto that use Entrecampos are those starting from Faro, one is around 945am and the other around 1745.

There are ticket machines for long distance trains at Oriente- I used one earlier this year. They are bright yellow and are located in the ticket hall, one level below the platforms. They also have them in Entrecampos; I used one last year but cannot recall precisely where it was. I do remember that Entrecampos is a bit of a rabbit warren of a place!

There are of course the usual human operated ticket counters at both stations.

There are TV display screens in both stations in the ticket halls level which show the upcoming departures and platform numbers. There are six platforms at each station if I remember correctly.

Hope that helps.

2. Re: Help needed regarding the alfa pendular from Entre Campos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 04:19