We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights to spare - Madeira or Sao Miguel?

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights to spare - Madeira or Sao Miguel?

Hi,

As a follow up to my earlier post, I've narrowed down to 3 nights in Lisbon and 4 nights in Lagos, Algarve.

For a honeymoon, which island would be more romantic and also offer some good sightseeing and light activities? Trip would be toward middle of July.

Suggestions appreciated. Thx a bunch.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights to spare - Madeira or Sao Miguel?

Personally I would go for some rural house in S. Miguel, not very far away from Ponta Delgada from where you can organize some activities such as whale whatching. The island is very beatiful, unspoiled and romantic. Madeira is very different, also beautiful: Choose it if you prefer a lot of hotel options, good beaches and a somewhat warmer weather.

2. Re: 3 nights to spare - Madeira or Sao Miguel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 10:18