We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestions.

Southampton
Level Contributor
25 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestions.

Due in Lisbon for long weekend next Friday and looking for some suggestions on Restaurants. Staying in Sofitel and won't arrive to around 1800 so first night somewhere fairly close until we get our bearings. Like to try Portugese and African and would like to try and avoid the normal tourist traps. saturday night like somewhere with some atmosphere or good views

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant suggestions.

For the night view over Lisbon, Via Graça Restaurant on Rua Damasceno Monteiro is very good.

I can't recommend any "gourmet" restaurant's but other members here can probably help on that.

So, with this out of my chest, here it goes what I like :-) ,

- Docas area by the river: Celta & Ibericos ( non pretentious food, can eat outside (like the others nearby) and you can have some Guinness. Prices are Ok, for the quality.

For hardcore Portuguese food, any restaurante in Carnide area is good. I recommend Gravatas, Travessa do Pregoeiro, O Pregoeiro, in front of Gravatas, O Miudinho, O Coreto, and so on. All in reach by foot some meters one from another. Carnide is bit off center of Lisbon in a very old part of the city nearby one of the biggest shopping centers, namely Colombo.

Hope this helps.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
197 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant suggestions.

Hi

A lot has been said about Restaurants in previous posts. Anyway, what i can tell you is that you're staying in a hotel with an excellent restaurant (AdLib). Nearby, at the end of Avenida da Liberdade you have Pinóquio for great seafood (and chocolate cake!).

For that saturday night special go to Pap'Açorda (Bairro Alto), Olivier (also at Bairro Alto), Santo António de Alfama (at Alfama), Restô do Chapitô (Castle area) or Bica do Sapato (Terreiro do Paço, next to Lux club).

For some average places (but honest!), Bairro Alto has dozens of options, from portuguese to Indian, Japanese and Thai. Just walk around, have a drink and choose one.

Hope this helps.

TC

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant suggestions.

from the Sofitel, get the Elevador da Gloria up to Bairro Alto, admire the spectacular views of Lisbon spread out before you then cross the street and head for a slap up meal at Restaurante Olivier.

Plenty of stuff to do afterwards right on your doorstep.

You'll need to book a table at Oliviers beforehand. Only seats 50 and is still one of Lisbon's most popular restaurants. Tasting menu of about 14 course so make room and be prepared!

lisboa
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant suggestions.

Hello.

For an african restaurant I suggest you "EnClave" which is mostly a Cape Verde restaurant but with specialities form Angola, S. Tomé, Guiné... It has great ambiance and live african (Cape Verde) music.

There is also an african disco under the same name close to the restaurant.

Address: R. do Sol (ao Rato), 71-A (in Rato area)

Telefone: 213888738

Have fun!

Lis

lisbon
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant suggestions.

You have to go to Ponto FInal. Best view of Lisbon, from across the river. here is a article about:

seeportugal.org/2008/…

you wont find better

Southampton
Level Contributor
25 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant suggestions.

Many thanks for the suggestions, have been away for a couple of days hence not replying sooner. Will definitely give a couple of them a try and report back. Shame the weather doesn't look that great for the weekend but looking forward to the visit.

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant suggestions.

Oliviers every time, email ahead and book a table, you can not turn up and get in.

It is a brilliant restaraunt with very attentive service.

One of my best memories of Lisbon.

8. Re: Restaurant suggestions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 01:16