We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to see or do around hotel Sana Malhoa?

adelaide
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What to see or do around hotel Sana Malhoa?

I am wondering what can we do or see, within walking distance; with a 4 yrs old and a 10 mths old? My huusband will be attending a confrence on the 3 days out of the 6. So my kids and I will be staying at the hotel. I hoping to wonder around the neighbourhood, shopping etc. Not sure what the neighbourhood is like. Can someone shed a light please? Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to see or do around hotel Sana Malhoa?

Hi there...

Locationwise, your hotel is outside the main inner suburbs, in the business district....

On our first visit to Lisbon we stayed quite close to where you are staying - although it's a bit out of the way, the area is ok...

You are close to the Gulbenkian Museum, which has one of the most wonderful collections of art, furniture and artifacts you will see anywhere, and lovely peaceful gardens...

There is also an El Corte Ingles department store nearby, which has a great supermarket, a cinema and some food shops....

After that, I run out of options within walking distance... maybe a local can suggest more?

We used the Metro a lot to get into town and see most things - the footpaths are cobbled and the whole city is very hilly, so the Metro makes life much easier - - it's a very good Metro system, and trains come every ten minutes or so - although I am not sure how practical it will be on your own with two kids!

The closest Metro station appears to be Praca De Espanha - which seems quite close...

Lisbon is a beautiful city, and I am sure you will have a wonderful time...

Have a look at the links in this post for some ideas on what to go and see...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189158-i203-k1959…

There's a specific discussion about what to see in Lisbon with kids here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189158-i203-k1742…

Finally, if you type in the name of the street your hotel is on (jose malhoa) into this map and click the first link, it will show you where your hotel is... the main area of the city is to the south towards the river... http://www.golisbon.com/maps/lisbon-map.html

Feel free to message me if I can help with any more advice - always happy to help a fellow Aussie enjoy the city that I love ...

Michael

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
197 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to see or do around hotel Sana Malhoa?

The Gulbenkian gardens ins a perfect place to hangout with your kids. Playing on the grass, feeding ducks...

The neighbourhood isn't the most central but there's a metro stop close by and within 10 minutes you'll be at the centre. taxis are also very affordable.

Almost forgot! The Lisbon Zoo is also very, very close: 10 min walking, 1 metro stop or 5€ taxi! Perfect day for the kids.

Enjoy!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to see or do around hotel Sana Malhoa?

Hi!

The Zoo is like 15m/20 tops walking distance!

The Hotel in this map: http://tinyurl.com/5lo3dx is central and the Zoo is on the top left.

Another idea, is the Oceanario, but in that case you need to take the subway or taxi to go there:

www.oceanario.pt/site/ol_home_00.asp?popup=1

Hope this helps!

4. Re: What to see or do around hotel Sana Malhoa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 03:17