We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa de Caparica - transport!

Serbia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Costa de Caparica - transport!

We reserved a hotel next to the beach in Costa de Caparica. We want to often visit Lisbon and interested which is the best way to transport and whether a ticket to transport (Colinas Card) is also valid for the bus line from the city to Costa de Caparica. Thank you in advance for information!

Lisbon
Level Contributor
66 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa de Caparica - transport!

Hi

This tickect is only for subway.

To came to lisbon from Costa, you have bus http://www.tsuldotejo.pt(transportes sul do tejo) and train www.cp.pt

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,579 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa de Caparica - transport!

I would recommend the bus but you may have to go first to Setubal, where there is a big bus terminal with several departures to Lisbon each hour. I was there two weeks ago and the 'Rapidas' buses from Setubal take about 50 minutes to reach Lisbon.

The DIRECT trains to Lisbon from Setubal etc are operated by a private company called Fertagus - www.fertagus.pt and their trains also take about 50 minutes to reach Lisbon. CP tickets are not accepted on Fertagus trains.

Both the bus and trains stations in Lisbon are 3 or 4km from the city centre, so that is where you will need a 7 Colinas card for the city buses and metro/subway. A ticket for one day costs €3.70 - make sure you press the right buttons!

The best place to leave/join the train is either SETE RIOS or ENTRECAMPOS, which have metro stations also. And be ready for the view as the train cross the Ponte 25 de Abril!

Do not throw away the ticket. It can be recharged on your next visit and will save you 50 cents.

Hope that helps.

Serbia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa de Caparica - transport!

Thank you for useful information. I searched online and found bus lines 153 and 161 (company TST) to drive directly from Costa de Caparica to Lisbon (153-Pca de Espanha, 161-ca de Areeiro) and travel time is about 30 min. Did you use one of these lines?

With Regards!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa de Caparica - transport!

Bus 153 is fine. 161 also passes through Pca de Espanha and go a bit inside the city but not in direction of city centre.

So just pick up 153 or 161, either would do, and leave at the end of 153 where you can catch the subway to city centre (around 5-6 stops) or, one stop to Sete Rios where you find a major bus hub/train where you can catch transport to Sintra, Fatima and so on.

Hope this helps!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,579 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa de Caparica - transport!

No, I didn't use the buses to Costa Caparica as my journey was only to Setubal. I took the information about TST buses for future use.

I hope you enjoy your trip.

Phoenix AZ
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa de Caparica - transport!

I am also staying in Costa de Caparica the last two weeks of May, I will need to travel to Benfica's training facility near the Stadium every night Monday-Friday. Is it better to rent a car or is the local transportation good enough?

Lisboa - Doca de...
Level Contributor
252 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Costa de Caparica - transport!

"I would recommend the bus but you may have to go first to Setubal"

This is REALLY not true as you could see.

But there is another way besides the train or the bus. It's to catch the bus to Trafaria, still on the left bank of the river and then catch the boat to Belém...This way you can avoid the trafic jams.

In Belém you are in a good area to visit monuments or to catch the train to the city center

Lisboa - Doca de...
Level Contributor
252 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Costa de Caparica - transport!

FredPhoenixAZ ...what time at the nigth?

Because at trafic hours (late afternoon) it's really a trouble driving a car around Benfica stadium..although you are driving on the oposite way of the majority of the cars that go from Lisbon to the south bank crating a big jam on the bridge.

So it might be better to go by train and subway...if you are going on rush hours...

Phoenix AZ
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Costa de Caparica - transport!

We need to be there for practice around 5pm, how long would I spend in traffic going north?

Lisboa - Doca de...
Level Contributor
252 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Costa de Caparica - transport!

"We need to be there for practice around 5pm, how long would I spend in traffic going north?"

If you leave by car at 4pm, you will be more then fine.