We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lisboa sightseeing.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
lisboa sightseeing.

hi.

we are thinking of booking a private tour to sintra, cascais, estoril etc by www.lisboasightseeing.com.

is it a reliable company?thank you in advance.

...and something more what about the weater around the 20th of april?do you need heavy coats etc?

lisbon
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: lisboa sightseeing.

Heavy coats, no. Perhaps at night it can be breezy and a bit chilly, but just enough for a sweater or windbreaker. I personally think that April, and late April is a good month to visit. The nights cool off and it is very pleasant.

I think I have heard of that company, and I'm sure they are reputable, they are certainly a big tour company. I always advise people to wonder off the beaten path themselves and avoid these companies, because the city is certainly safe enough to do that.

Sintra is a good choice, and again it is easy to visit it yourself:

http://seeportugal.org/2008/03/21/63/

The above link will explain exactly how to go about visiting Sintra yourself from Central Lisbon.

HAve a nice trip, and have fun!

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lisboa sightseeing.

I'm just back from Lisbon and you definitely don't need a tour company to do Cascais or Estoril. Just get the local train from Cais Sodre, it cost around €2 and it's a lovely train along the coast. You can't go wrong as the names of the stations are displayed on the train and Cascais is the last stop.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lisboa sightseeing.

hi.

interesting idea.we might do it by train.our only thought is that we don't want to spend much time on travelling between places and waste time cause you see we have only one day for day trip out of 4 nights in lisbon.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lisboa sightseeing.

The company is reliable.

In April the temperature will be just fine (just in case check the weather sites 3 or 4 days before)

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: lisboa sightseeing.

We booked a chauffered car through our hotel. Had a very pleasant, English speaking driver. Took us in Sintra to right where the shuttlebus takes visitors to the castle entrance. Then took the route along the Atlantic, Cascais, Esteorilback into Spent about 6 hours.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: lisboa sightseeing.

PS: The last sentence got mangled: From Sintra, the driver took us along the Atlantic (Estoril, Cascais) back to our hotel. In Estoril he showed us where various royalty and ex-royalty spent the WWII years. He was a fountain of (often funny) information. In all, he spent about 6 hours with us. Although it was a"splurge" for us, it was well worth it.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lisboa sightseeing.

hi treplow.

do you remember how much did it cost you?

8. Re: lisboa sightseeing.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 21:20