We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlas Choice Car Rental

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ilfracombe, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Atlas Choice Car Rental

Hi,

Has anyone used Atlas Choice Car Rental?

I've heard some bad stories about them but they are very reasonably priced.

Thanks

Sean

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlas Choice Car Rental

Um. If you google "Atlas Choice Car Hire", then almost every second entry on the first page is a complaint about bad service or a bad experience....

I've never used them, but maybe they are very reasonably priced because they are crap?

Bristol, England
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlas Choice Car Rental

We used Europcar and they were ok. I heard Auto Jardim are good. Cheers, PJ

London
Level Contributor
1 post
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlas Choice Car Rental

Keep well away from them!!

They recently ripped me off.

I am now going forward with action against them, with the help of trading standards, BBC, Small Claims Court.

I will also let as many people know as possible.

They have hundreds of complaints against them on reviewcentre.com.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlas Choice Car Rental

DO NOT use Atlas choice. They have hidden charges payable locally! it makes it more expensive! when u argue this they are rude and evasive! AVOID by all means! It happened to me this month is Lisbon! BAD COMPANY!

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlas Choice Car Rental

Hey any luck on this? they just ripped me off and upset me big time with the way they treated my complaint! want to take this matter further too! Thanks!

Lisbon,Portugal
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlas Choice Car Rental

I used AtlasChoice once for a rental in Madeira. Absolutely perfect, no problems, or hidden charges - their rental partner was Rodavante.

Madrid
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlas Choice Car Rental

Like i hallways say read the terms and conditions at time of reservations but when a companies online does not have terms and conditions at the site be careful that yes, probably will give you problems. Read the papers, read what you sign, and what you submit. INFORMATION is the best way of you saying that you are correct. Saying that you thought something doesn't give you the reason. i wish that everything i think was correct i would be the most happy man in the world heheh people get made at companies when they complain and the answer is the terms and conditions signed by the customer... why they get made? because they didnt read the document when they signed it and there is the prof that their complain is wrong and believe me if the customer is correct they give them the reason and also a compensation!! and make what was wrong correct

Lisbon, Portugal
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlas Choice Car Rental

Yes, I used their services in Lisbon and I have nothing bad to say, good car, easy service and as you said, good price. I would return looking them.

Crawley, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlas Choice Car Rental

Never had any kind of problem with Atlas Choice - and I've used them maybe 10 times.

Seems that if you look up any of the car rental sites on review center, its all just complaints - but isn't that just natural? I mean, if you're angry about something you want to rant... but if something is as you expect, you don't say anything. Look up Tesco on there... bad review after bad review, but I bought my sandwich there yesterday for lunch and it was fine - didn't feel the need to review it as it was just that, fine.

Anyway, trip advisor and the like is the right place to check first to find out how good a travel company is - if you ask here someone is going to tell you their experience! Good luck and happy travels!!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Atlas Choice Car Rental

We arranged for a hire car through Atlas Choice for our holiday in Crete in 2010.This was booked through Atlas Choice in the UK who arranged the hire with one of their partners, Olympic car rentals in Crete. Due to misleading information and the wrong address details provided to us by Atlas Choice, we had to pay more money to Olympic before they would hand over the car; this was not part of the agreement and was not a good start to our holiday. To cut a long story short, the car had an engine fault, which caused it to keep cutting out at low revs, in some instances this could have been dangerous. The response from both Atlas Choice and Olympic was they had my money and were not interested. I would never use either of these companies again; they both have very poor customer service and cannot be relied on.

john