We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Lisbon late September early October?

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Lisbon late September early October?

Hi all,

I had intended to take a trip to the Algarve for a bit of r&r but my sister who had stayed in Villamoura said I could get bored after a few days and suggested Lisbon where she said she had really enjoyed it. I am just curious about thwe weather is it much different to the Algarve at this time of year. Also is it possible to take a trip to the sea from Lisbon. We wouldn't be one for the beaches really but also would like to be doing something most days like excursions and day trips. Don't mind doing things on foot either. We are staying for 9 days. Are we far from Fatima?

Looking forward to your replies

Mrs C

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Lisbon late September early October?

weather.uk.msn.com/monthly_averages.aspx…

Or:

weather.com/outlook/…POXX0016

That being said, we've always visited Lisbon mid to late October and thought the weather was great.

Lots to see and do in Lisbon. Lots of day trips possible including, but not limited to Obidos, Alcobaca, Evora, Sintra, Cascais.

Take the trip....you'll love it.

tptr

2. Re: Weather in Lisbon late September early October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 13:29
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Lisbon late September early October?

Hi MrsCIreland,

Weather is usually fine (warm) at that time of the year. For detailed weather statistic:

www.meteo.pt/en/oclima/normais/index.html…

(Click V.R.S. António for Algarve)

Daytrip to the sea is perfectly possible catch the train at the centre of Lisbon Cais do Sodré (train and tube station) and in 30 minutes you'll be by at the beach at Cascais or Estoril.

Distance Lisboa Fátima is 150 km and it's feasible as a longish day trip. A simply must do day trip is Sintra.

Cheers

4. Re: Weather in Lisbon late September early October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2010, 06:21