We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steaks

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Steaks

Hi,

Where is the best place for a steak in Lisbon?

I am heading over in a few weeks, for a friends birthday, so could do with somewhere big enough for about 8 of us. Ideally i would like to book in advance.

Would also like some advice on where we could have a few pre dinner beers?

Many Thanks

MrCo

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Steaks

Have no idea wich is the best and not really a steak fan. However Cervejaria Trindade is a popular place in Chiado to have a few beers (perhaps with some clams or shrimps) at the end of the afternoon and a proper dinner with steak afterwords.

cervejariatrindade.pt/trindade_english.html

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
197 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Steaks

Best steak in town?

No doubts about it: café de São Bento (Rua de São Bento 212), close to the parliament house. Intimate "old school atmosphere", such as "Outro Tempo Bar" (Rua João Anastácio Rosa, 2), also with some marvellous steaks. Two options more: Snob (Rua do Seculo 178) and Restaurante XL (Calçada da Estrela 57). Curiously, all of them very close to each other. Do we have here a "Lisbon Steak District"?

Enjoy!

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Steaks

I guess we can conlude from the previous post that Portuguese politicians like steak :)

Anyway, just a general comment / question: does it have to be steak? Personally, Lisbon is not the first city that would come to mind to go in search of a good steak. As a rule steaks are cut thin, frequently over-salted and often topped with an egg whether you order it or not. I find it's hard to fine the really juicy, tender, thick-cut steak, without paying a fortune.

However if it must be steak then I believe TCruz's suggestions are correct. I only know of Café S. Bento by reputation, I believe it is good, I've been to XL and had steak there, it was pretty good though not outstanding.

By the way, some people may recommend a chain called Portugália as a good place to eat steak. Avoid it.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Steaks

Hi,

It doesn’t have to be steak. I am really just looking for a restaurant where a gang of us, about 8-10 can meet up have a good meal and enjoy a few beers with friends. Steak was a first choice as when we tend to meet up and all have steak!

From that you can probably gather that we are meat lovers, so anything meat related would suffice. It doesn’t have to be fine dining, we are just looking for a good location, a few bars around the place and a good atmosphere.

Thanks for all your replies thus far.

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Steaks

Sounds like you might enjoy a Brazilian style rodízio - where for a set price you can eat as much meat as you want until you shout "stop". The meat is brought to your table on skewers, all kinds of cuts of beef, also pork, lamb, chicken, sausage etc. All accompanied by rice, beans, salads etc. Drinks are usually extra.

Usually a good night out - though it's been a while since I've been to one in Lisbon so I would leave it to one of our Lisbon experts to give an indication as to where's good.

USA
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Steaks

Chimarrao is a good Brazilian style rodizio. I've eaten at the one at Av. João XXI 80 (near Campo Pequeno Metro stop). According to Google, there are two other locations:

R. Primeiro de Dezembro 97 (Rossio or Restauradores Metro stops)

Alameda dos Oceanos 2 (Parque das Nacoes - Oriente Metro stop)

johannesburg,southaf...
Level Contributor
665 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Steaks

Hi there,

We are still planning our trip to Lisbon, but the experts have recommended another place that looks really great online - Paparuchia near the Jardim Botanico Rua Don Pedro V ,18-20/tel 213425333- site shows great views over city - and Alface our "mentor" says where Chimarrao offers "quantity", La Paparrucha offers better quality. Pricing seems at mid range.

See www.lapaparrucha.com

Best regards.

8. Re: Steaks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2010, 05:17