We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Lisbon to Faro

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Lisbon to Faro

I intend to travel from Lisbon to Faro by train on 7 may 2010. I will probably take one of the morning trains.

Is it necessary to pre book my ticket, or can I just arrive at the station on the day of my travel and buy a ticket there and then?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,512 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Lisbon to Faro

You can pre-book your ticket but reservations open only 30 days before travel. You can do so on-line at www.cp.pt and in English if you click the little flag icon at the top of the page next to where it says 'Acesso Rapido'.

You print your own ticket - make two copies just in case!

7th May is a Friday and the evening trains in particular will be busy, so I recommend you do make a reservation. If you wait until the last minute you might find the train fully booked (standing is not allowed) and you won't get on!

I hope that helps. The fare is the same no matter when you book so do so as soon as you can.

Edited: 30 March 2010, 18:21
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Lisbon to Faro

Cubsur, thank you for that advice. I will prebook my ticket.

3. Re: Train from Lisbon to Faro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2010, 07:16