We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family car trip in portugal need hel with itinerary

San Juan, Puerto...
2 posts
Save Topic
family car trip in portugal need hel with itinerary

Hi I will travel with my husband and 2 children this july and have 15 days in Portugal. We will rent a car in Lisbon and return it in Porto.

So far I think I will spend 3 days in Lisbon, drive to Evora and then I am not sure how to work the Estremadura Region.

I would like to do Obidos Alcbaca and Bathalta and finish in coimbra on my way to Porto but I'm not sure where I should spend 1 or 2 nights and how much time to dedicate to each. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: family car trip in portugal need hel with itinerary

Here's an idea:

From Évora drive north-west to the town of Mora and visit the "fluviário", a public aquarium for freshwater species. The kids will love it. Then head through Coruche towards Santarém. This will lead you through the fertile plains of the river Tejo, were you will likely see Lusitano Horses, and take you to the Gotic capital of Portugal, Santarém. From here keep going west till you get to Óbidos. A nice side trip here is Peniche, the Berlengas island and the Dinossaur museum at Lourinhã. Then head north, through Alcobaça, Nazaré and Batalha. Do not miss the interpertation center of the batle of Aljubarrota near Batalha (Batalha means batle and the monastery there was built to celebrate the Portuguese victory at Aljubarrota).

After this head east with a quick visit to Fátima (you can skip it if not religious) ending up in Tomar to visit the Templar Convent of Christ. From here it's about an hour drive to Coimbra, which I would do nonstop.

Hope this helps...

Mentioned in this post
San Juan, Puerto...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: family car trip in portugal need hel with itinerary

Thank you so much for this information. I will change plans accordingly.

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family car trip in portugal need hel with itinerary

Hi,

here you can find some ideas about what to visit with kids in Porto and Lisbon, for instance...

Check info on http://www.portugalforkids.com/

Enjoy your hollidays in Portugal :)

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
4. Re: family car trip in portugal need hel with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2010, 05:18