We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boom Festival Transport.

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth, UK
Level Contributor
177 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Boom Festival Transport.

Hi,

I am working at the boom festival to promote a volunteer company, however am struggling to find out how to get there from lisbon airport. I am aware there is a boom bus but these according to the site have to be purchased in connection with the festival tickets and as I got the tickets from someone who is unable to go rather than purchasing them directly I did not book bus. Also I need to return to airport on aug 23rd, before end of the festival so I can't get the return bus back on 26th. I need to arrange alternative transport. Does anyone please have any suggestions? Idanha a nova is the location of the festival.

Thank you.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,946 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boom Festival Transport.

The only Idanha a Nova I know of is in the middle of the middle of nowhere some 25 miles from the town of Castelo Branco.

If that's the one, then the best you will be able to do indepently is to travel by train or coach to/from Castelo Branco but how on earth you could get from there is beyond me.

Train details you can find at www.cp.pt trains go from Lisbon Oriente stationn which is about a 5 minutes taxi ride or 10 minutes bus ride from the airport. The fastest trains take around 2hrs 40 minutes and cost 14 Euros.

Coaches run from the Sete Rios bus station in Lisbon, which is about 20 minutes by bus 96 from the airport (or a taxi of course) and you can get the times and fares at www.rede-expressos.pt in Portuguese only. It takes around 2hrs 30 minutes to Castelo Branco and will cost you all of 12 Euros.

But how to do the last 25 miles I know not!

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,793 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boom Festival Transport.

Lots of people are interested in public transport to Boom Festival 2010.

See these articles on my blog: http://bit.ly/9ucCmH

If you are working there, can you please have a go at the organisers about the lack of public transport access.

As I said in one of my posts...

"Boom is always a problem. Getting there and back by public transport is a real hassle as Idanha-a-Nova is right in the sticks.

It is something I find strange about an event that supposedly supports green issues. The amount of carbon monoxide that has to be emitted getting to the event must be huge, given that most people have to come by car or taxi from Caldas da Rainha. "

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Boom Festival Transport.

The rede expressos (www.rede-expressos.pt) has 3 bus a day between Lisbon and Idanha-a-Nova (provided it is not a weekend day), stoping at Castelo Branco (I think there is a bus change there).

Plymouth, UK
Level Contributor
177 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boom Festival Transport.

Thank you!

Plymouth, UK
Level Contributor
177 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boom Festival Transport.

Can anyone please tell me how much it will cost to get to the coach station from airport roughly. Either on bus 96 or by taxi. Thank you. I have managed to find a bus there but there dont appear to be any coming back to lisbon on the monday which seems strange!?

Thanks.

Chester
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Boom Festival Transport.

From what i've found they wil have buses coming back but you can't book more than 2weeks in advance! I'm getting the 14:00 on tuesday from Lisb to Ida.... Thats the plan at least!

G

Chester
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Boom Festival Transport.

Just booked my bus from Sete Rios (outside the zoo) to Idanha Nova @ 14:00 on 17th. Call 00351277201052 and (if like me your Portugese is bad) just say "english" and you'll get a great guy who will book you a seat! Carefull tho, spelling my name he kept thinking my 'L' was an 'O'! Fun times.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,946 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boom Festival Transport.

Sammi_333

The 96 Aeroshuttle bus from the airport to Sete Rios bus terminal costs €3,50

A taxi would be somewhere in the region of 15 Euros.

9. Re: Boom Festival Transport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2011, 05:16