We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in lisbon too much?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
4 days in lisbon too much?

Hi all,

We have 4 days after flying into lisbon before we head off to porto. would you recommend staying in the city for all 4 nights or maybe do two nights in the city and 2 nights somewhere else? any suggestions? we like to wander around and like a bit of history but equally a couple of days by the beach sounds appealing too.

I guess i'm asking is there enough to keep us occupied in lisbon for 4 days?

thanks,

Level Contributor
1,791 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days in lisbon too much?

We spent 4 nights in Lisbon and thought that it was great. Spent an afternoon in Sintra and one in Belem which are both nearby. Lisbon is great and I would definitely stay the 4 nights. We were in Porto for 3 nights and actually I would have love a day more there. We sort of wasted a day going to Guimaraes. It was pretty and quaint but it was also really hot and when we came back to Porto we regetted the time that we missed in Porto.

Porto was my favorite. We are in Cascais for 3 and just chilling by the pool at the very lovely Miragem hotel. 3 days here is about enough though. I think Porto was our favorite place.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days in lisbon too much?

Hey cardiffslim:-) I don't think you'll have any problems taking in all this great City has to offer in 4 days...but...if you're looking for some laid back beach time, you can always head over to Cascais for a couple of nights (I never say no to beach time;-) Depends on your priorities/interests.. Bottom line, it's close..barely 30 min..so maybe an overnight?! I know those day commutes to a beach can oftentimes end up way too time consuming! Agree..you'll love Porto! Have fun..and EnjoY!

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
325 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days in lisbon too much?

I’m from Lisbon and I really love this town … I can recommend several sightseeing and places to go :(unfortunately i don't have time to give a better description of my list but ... )

- Belém

o Pasteis de belem

o Mosteiro dos Jeronimos

o Torre de Belém

- Old Town (aka Baixa)

o Restauradores (there’s and beautiful train station over there)

o Rossio (search for a tinny little bar called Ginjinha)

o Martim Moniz

o Rua Augusta

o Praca do Comercio

o Praca do Municipio

- Alfama, Graca and Bairro Alto

o I recommend visiting those typical neighborhood walking, especially Alfama and Bairro Alto by night

o A restaurant named Chapito

- Expo (aka Parque das Nacoes)

o Very nice metro station over there and gardens just in front of the river, worth a visit also.

There are probably a lot of more places but it’s late and I’m a little tired so …

Now Sintra … you can spend 1 day in Sintra (the old town and the castle) and like was mentioned in other post, quinta da regaleira.

Cascais is nice too, but an afternoon I think is enough.

Regarding Obidos … you don’t need to sleep over there because it’s really pretty but 1 day is enough.

Hope it helps, any question, just ask

4. Re: 4 days in lisbon too much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2011, 07:17