We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Lisbon. What to do?

Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
One day in Lisbon. What to do?

We'll be in Lisbon for one day in May arriving by cruiseship. What are the must do activities?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,343 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Lisbon. What to do?

Look to your right and click on FAQ 'What can I do in Lisbon.'

That will get you started.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
23,152 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Lisbon. What to do?

When you arrive in Lisbon one of the first things to do is to have a trams ride as they roll around the city.

The most famous of these is the Number 28 which follows a perfect route for sightseeing and a taste of ye olde world nostalgia. Be aware that if you just purchased a single ride you will have to pay each time you want to take the tram. It passes through many of the main districts of Lisbon: Graça quarter, Alfama, Baixa and Bairro Alto, Chiado and Estrela. All the way up to the Castle this tram passes by The Se (Lisbon's Cathedral).

For the other parts of the city you have the traditional Hop on-Hop off bus.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in Lisbon. What to do?

With just one day, I wouldn't spend your time rushing around to attractions - but do as a previous poster recommended and hop on a tram to spontaneously explore the city by tram and on foot. Lisbon is such a great city to walk around and just soak up the atmosphere, especially the old areas like Alfama.

Germany
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in Lisbon. What to do?

Go to St Georges castle vivatravelguides.com/europe/…

While I didnt find the castle itself that interesting it gives you an amazing view of the city. And the tram ride up the steep hill is a must do in Lisbon.

Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day in Lisbon. What to do?

Thanks for the info. Just want to get a feel for the city. Any good places to buy wine? Probably a duh what was I thinking questions given that this is Portugal. Any good places to buy pottery?

Mentioned in this post
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One day in Lisbon. What to do?

Since I am unemployed, I'm happy to show you Lisbon. The tip to be welcome.

Porto, Portugal
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: One day in Lisbon. What to do?

Walk around , try local food and go to attractive location. Have fun :)

New York City
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One day in Lisbon. What to do?

Since you have one day in Lisbon I would say you have to see Jeronimos Monastery.

9. Re: One day in Lisbon. What to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2011, 06:31