We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train faro to lisbon

uk
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
train faro to lisbon

hi all we arrive faro 09.30am 20th feb and wondering what the best way to get to lisbon by train would be (back to faro for 1900pm flight ) , any suggestions or help please

thanks

Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: train faro to lisbon

You have a fast train connecting Faro to Lisbon everyday at 7.00am, during 3 hours the trip. But if you prefer you have a lot of flights, from tap and portugalia airways ( 40 minutes).

Thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,000 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train faro to lisbon

Impossible to do Faro - Lison and back in a day unless you catch either the 0645 or 0910 trains.

The journey is 3 hours.

After 0910 there isn't a train from Faro to Lisbon until 14.10.

If you aren't intending to do the round trip in a day then there's trains back at 1721 and 1921.

uk
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: train faro to lisbon

thanks for replys ,meant to have added i return to faro for my flight home on the 22nd feb, looks like we will hire a car or bus to lisbon and train back ! may be the best way ?

after watching liverpool beat benfica !! :)thanks again ,

Belgrade
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: train faro to lisbon

I see u have been talking about the train from Faro,I am interested in how to get from Lisbon to Faro bec I have to go to a camp there,also I would like to know if anyone knows how much would that cost.Thanks a lot

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: train faro to lisbon

Lisboa to Faro IC trains go every day at : 1020, 1320, 1720, 1920 (there are faster more expensive trains too, but it sounds like you're on a budget)

These times are from Oriente, but they also stop 10/20 mins later at Entrecampos and Pragal. (Or you can take the ferry to Barreiro, then a local train as far as Pinhal Novo, and get on the IC there).

Wroclaw, Poland
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: train faro to lisbon

It's an old topic but maybe I will be lucky :) my question is if I have to buy the ticket via the Internet a few days ahead or it's no problem if I buy it in Faro just before the trip??

London
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: train faro to lisbon

sorry i plan to go to faro on SEP. I like to go to Lisbon by train, I checked by flight is about 150 pounds, can anyone tell me roughly how much is by TRAIN?

And is it possible to have ONE DAY TRIP IN LISBON, and return back to FARO?

How much roughly is the economic B&B in Lisbon?

Many thanks!!!!!!!!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,000 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: train faro to lisbon

You can have a one day trip from Faro to Lisbon and back only if you take the train at 0655am, which arrives in Lisbon Entrecampos station at 0956am. Then the metro will bring you to the city centre of Lisbon in about 15 minutes more.

There are trains back from Lisbon Entrecampos to Faro at these times:

1730 (Inter-city)

1851 (Alfa Pendular high speed train)

1930 (Inter-city runs on FRIDAYS ONLY)

The round trip fare by ALFA is 39 Euros in tourist class, 52 Euros in First Class. If you take the Inter-city train back to Faro, the fare is a little less.

You should make a ticket reservation which is possibly from 30 days before travel. www.cp.pt is the website of the railway for details and reservation.

You can also travel to and from Lisbon by bus. There are many buses and the round trip fare is about 36 - 38 Euros. It takes between 3hrs30 and 4hrs30 by bus from Faro to Lisbon, so for a day trip you will need to leave at about 7am.

www.renex.pt and www.rede-expressos.pt are the websites for the buses. These sites are in Portuguese language only. You can also buy a ticket on-line on these sites.

Sorry I do not know of economic B&B in Lisbon. I usually pay about 55 Euros for a hotel room when I make a short stay.

I hope that helps.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: train faro to lisbon

Christinesu,

A decent BB's wont cost less than 75 euros per room - they are very good- consider one of the excellent city hostels:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189158-d115011…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189158-d112863…

Around 20 euros per person.

A modest hotel will be cheaper than the BB, around the price cubsur mentioned, but you wont get such a convenient location for a tourist neither the comfort and looks or the charm of the place you get in a BB or a nice hostel.

Bye

London
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: train faro to lisbon

To Cubsar:

You are really helpful!!! Many thanks!!

Sorry I also plan to go to Ancao (in Portugal), is there anyone been there before? Is it a nice place? How far does it take by train from Ancao to Faro? Can I do day trip from Ancao to Lisban as well?

To Alface:

Thank you for your reply! Sorry you mentioned 75 euro per room, so that means each person may pay around 37 euro, not 20 euro right?

Many thanks to you all!!!

Love xxx