We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to get off the bus in Lisbon centre?

Europe
Level Contributor
267 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Where to get off the bus in Lisbon centre?

We are going to Lisbon in a few weeks time and will get the bus from the airport into the city, we are staying in Rua do Gremio Lusitano, Bairro Alto. Can someone kindly let me know where we should get off the bus or should be go to the bus station and take a taxi from there. Thanking you all in advance.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to get off the bus in Lisbon centre?

Up to the right:

FAQ - How do I get from the airport to the city?

If using the bus get off at Rossio Square.

Europe
Level Contributor
267 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to get off the bus in Lisbon centre?

Thank you for your post. Yes I am aware of the top questions on Lisbon as I am a regular user of TA. As in my thread we are getting the BUS but don't know exactly where to get off as we have never been there before. I wil take note of this stop.

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,031 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to get off the bus in Lisbon centre?

IMHO you should drop off the bus at Rossio square and from there a taxi to your final destination.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
817 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to get off the bus in Lisbon centre?

MODublin, I checked my city map and noted that your hotel street is very close to the Rossio stop. It does not make sense to get a taxi, especially since in that downtown area, there are a lot of one way, and narrow streets only for pedestrians, and the distance you're going is too close for a taxi. (Check out google map for the exact place.) My map tells me that from Rossio, you only need to take the Elevador da Gloria, that's the funicular which is right beside the big pink palace (which has the Tourism Info office) which is practically in front of you as you step off the bus (at the Rossio stop). The funicular will take you to to the street on top where you will emerge in the Bairro Alto area. Just a few meters to your left, on the second street is your hotel address.

Europe
Level Contributor
267 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to get off the bus in Lisbon centre?

Hello femme_manille. Thank you so much for taking the time to post that very informative tip so much appreciated. I will print that down and take it with us. Keep up the good work. Best wishes. Maureen

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to get off the bus in Lisbon centre?

If you wish to take the Elevador da Glória you should get off the bus at Restauradores not in Rossio Square.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
817 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to get off the bus in Lisbon centre?

Oh, i missed that. Yes, Restauradores is the right stop, not Rossio.

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,691 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to get off the bus in Lisbon centre?

If you get the Carris Aerobus service then you can pick up a little leaflet showing all the stops (think I got this at the Airport bus stop) and the bus has automated annoucements for each stop. The ticket should also entitle you to use the superb Carris operated Elevador da Glória which will be a fun (and most direct) way up to the Bairro Alto from Restauradores but if you've got a lot of luggage this might not be so suitable as it can be a bit of a squeeze (very popular with tourists).

Europe
Level Contributor
267 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to get off the bus in Lisbon centre?

Many thanks to all who took the time to answer my query, very much appreciated, I have all the details now. Best wishes, Maureen

10. Re: Where to get off the bus in Lisbon centre?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 12:18