We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel in Lisbon for female solo traveller

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ajijic, Mexico
Level Contributor
184 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel in Lisbon for female solo traveller

Hi there

Travelling to Lisbon alone (experienced traveller, mature woman) in August 2011 and looking for a hotel that is close to sights and shops in a safe neighbourhood. 4 - 5 star. Must have some character, not a chain hotel.

Also, recommendations for local tour guides and airport transfers would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,349 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel in Lisbon for female solo traveller

Charm hotels in Lisboa, just an example www.heritage.pt/.html?task=view.

Downtown at Restauradores square you can get all info about tours.

You have a bus from the airport to downtown AEROBUS golisbon.com/transport/airport-shuttle.html, a taxi will cost around 10€.

San Francisco...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel in Lisbon for female solo traveller

Hi there!!! I'm travelling alone to Lisbon in July and if you would like I can give you some info on travel and places to go when I get there

california
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel in Lisbon for female solo traveller

Hello smarttraveller!

I'm booked at the zuzubedandbreakfast in the chiado l right by rossio it's an amazing bed and breakfast with superb reviews, not a 5*hotel, but beautiful rooms with terraces over looking the city, Luis, the owner has great reviews on TA, he even held my room until I set up my paypal acct to pay my deposit. He immediately send me the reservation info and he gives you a cell phone to use during your stay!

They are always booked months in advance, but it's worth a try, the website is zuzabed.com look at the TA pictures as well, I think it has the character you are looking for.

Edited: 07 May 2011, 16:23
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel in Lisbon for female solo traveller

Hey SmartTraveller:-) Although you should check the reviews..been a few years since I've been back..found The York House a wonderful place to base in the City..have stayed there a number of times..and my first experience with the property was on an assignment and was solo! Liked it enough to return to a couple of times since;-) Happy planning..and EnjoY!

Lisboa
Level Contributor
371 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel in Lisbon for female solo traveller

Bairro Alto Hotel is a good choice. Very central and a it has a roof restaurant bar with stunning views of the river.

Ajijic, Mexico
Level Contributor
184 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel in Lisbon for female solo traveller

Thanks everyone. I have booked at Zuzabed. Luis has been mosr helpful.

california
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel in Lisbon for female solo traveller

Hello smarttraveller!

I'm glad you liked it, aren't the views amazing!! Luis is the best, have fun!!

Lisbon,Portugal
Level Contributor
4,998 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best hotel in Lisbon for female solo traveller

SmartTraveller - Glad you could book Zuzabed. You'll like it for sure!

portland,or
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best hotel in Lisbon for female solo traveller

how was your trip to Lisbon? I'm considering a solo trip myself for my birthday and would love to hear if 5 days was enough time? Also, did you like Zuzubed? I'm also considering taking a beach vacation to Cascais for 3 days to relax and get some European sun after 3 days in Lisbon, thoughts?

Thanks!

10. Re: Best hotel in Lisbon for female solo traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 02:17