We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport card/pass in Lisbon

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Transport card/pass in Lisbon

Hi all. Trying to find this info without posting a new message but a lot of what I found is old. Need up to date info so here I am. Leaving for Lisbon on Thursday, for 5 days, and though I will walk a lot I am tipping I will need some sort of transport pass as there might be a few too many hills for me! I don't think I will need the Lisboa card as I won't go to many (if any) museums so do I just get a normal tram/bus/train pass and if so, which one? I was told about one called Carris, or from a Carris shop (?), are they easy to find?

Thanks!

Pam

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Transport card/pass in Lisbon

Obrigado!

32. Re: Transport card/pass in Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 October 2013, 18:59
Tampere, Finland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
33. Re: Transport card/pass in Lisbon

What is the current card situation? I'm going to Lisbon for 5 days in the beginning of June, after that 10 days in Estoril. Is there any five day passes for Lisbon public transportation? I like to keep my options open, usually we walk around a lot but would like to have the option to use public transportation if needed. I keep finding all kinds of different information but nothing solid. Any help?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,047 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Transport card/pass in Lisbon

Is there any five day passes for Lisbon public transportation?

No there are not for visitors. The situation is unchanged. You can buy a one day pass (€6) for the city centre zones (metro, trams and Carris buses) and charge it each day, or buy the Zapping tariff which does not expire with time and also includes the trains between Lisbon and Estoril. Zapping deducts one fare for each trip taken and is recharged when the cash loaded is used.

The 'support card' ie ticket card costs 50 cents which is paid when the first ticket is purchased.

Details are on the Carris tram and bus website www,carris.pt

A different pass is required for the local buses around Estoril and Cascais.

Lisbon is very hilly and when you think that one ride on a bus costs €1,85 and one ride on a tram €2,85 the 6 Euro daily pass is a good investment, the Zapping tariff possibly even better.

Ourique, Portugal
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Transport card/pass in Lisbon

Do I understand it correctly that the ticket of the Aerobus is valid for 24 hours and can also be used on the Tram 28E? And get of the Aerobus at Rua Alfandega and than get the Tram 28E at the Rua de Conçeiçao to get to Sta. Catarina?

and is Tram 28 the same as 28E ?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
17,726 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Transport card/pass in Lisbon

"Do I understand it correctly that the ticket of the Aerobus is valid for 24 hours and can also be used on the Tram 28E?" No it can not be used in any of the other public transports in Lisboa. Sorry but it's valid for 24h only on the 2 lines of the Aerobus...

37. Re: Transport card/pass in Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 07:16