We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A night in Lisbon Portugal

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
A night in Lisbon Portugal

I need suggestions as what area/hotel to stay in on our one night stay in Lisbon.

My husband and I will only be in Lisbon for one day/night. We have to leave on an international flight early the next morning. I need suggestions as to where to stay that is not too far from the airport and still close enough to go out and explore the city. I need hotel and area suggestions. Also, what sights are a must see that we should try and fit in on our short stay in Lisbon.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,032 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A night in Lisbon Portugal

I suggest you take a look at the FAQs at the upper right-hand side of the page.

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,078 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A night in Lisbon Portugal

Beachandsand_11 - Welcome to TA and to Lisbon forum!

Like F1racegirl said, look at the FAQs at the upper right-hand side of the page. If you've any extra(s) question(s) please feel free to ask and we'll do our best.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A night in Lisbon Portugal

I would tell you that you should book a hotel in city centre. If you stay near the airport, there is nothing special to see. If you stay in baixa/chiado area, you will be in the city centre, on the "have to see" places, and you have bus, metro, taxis, etc at your "door". If you choose a taxi from the airport, that would cost you aprox. 12€ including luggage, if the airport bus, I think 3.50€ each ticket. In a short stay like yours, besides the area of baixa/chiado, you should go to Belem, aprox.7€ on a taxi each way, or by bus.

If you choose taxis, before enter , ask the driver if he knows the destination and how much will cost you in total.

Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A night in Lisbon Portugal

what is there in belem

Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A night in Lisbon Portugal

Can i take a metro from the airport - from orient metro station and go to saldhanha

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A night in Lisbon Portugal

Mosteiro dos Jerónimos

Centro cultural de Belem

River Front

Pasteis de Nata de Belém

Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: A night in Lisbon Portugal

can some tell me - whether i can use metro rail from airport to saldanha

Sintra, Portugal
Level Contributor
454 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A night in Lisbon Portugal

If you're in a rush, spare time and get a taxi to take you the hotel.

Orient metro station is not exactly near the airport, so take a taxi or a bus to your hotel location. Saldanha is a very central area and near everything, should take about 15 minutes max to get there from airport.

Or else, check here available bus in the airport to take you the city center:

ana.pt/portal/…

Belem is a very nice tourist area with couple of monuments, perfect to see for first time in Lisbon

Edited: 04 September 2011, 12:40
9. Re: A night in Lisbon Portugal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 14:17