We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We Hate Tourism Tours

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
We Hate Tourism Tours

From Facebook and this site it looks like all young people on these tours. My husband & are are mid-50's but young at heart! Will we be out of place (or make others feel like their parents are along?). Tours look great and we'd love to book one.

Alentejo
Level Contributor
39 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We Hate Tourism Tours

Depends what tours you want to go on. Just south of Lisbon is Setubal and you can get on an boat tour to look at the dolphins etc in the Sado Estuary quite easily. It's a great day out and some of the tours use old style boats which is fun. Or you can go on a nature or birdwatching tour quite easily too. Do a search on Google for birdwatching in portugal. Other than that, there are plenty of museums in and around Lisbon; the Gulbenkian is good and you wouldn't need a guide.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We Hate Tourism Tours

Never took one of their tours but I am sure you'll be welcomed by all. This is Portugal we are a friendly lot :)

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We Hate Tourism Tours

You are only as old as you feel! I'm guessing you feel very young so go for what ever it is you want to do! It's your vacation...I'm sure any and all would be happy to have you along!

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We Hate Tourism Tours

Hi AZ!

I was also looking into the same tour company.

When are you going?

I would love to hear what you think of them, if you don't mind, and if you end up going, I would love to read your review

On TA there are lots of reviews from people of all ages that have all said they loved the tours and they've had a great time!

Enjoy!

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
6,993 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We Hate Tourism Tours

AZCusack - Please, do yourself a favor: BOOK!

IMHO is the #1 tour company in Lisbon and is ranged for all ages. You'll have a blast! So... BOOK!

New York City
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We Hate Tourism Tours

My second visit to Lisbon I decieded to take a tour, but I went on tour with Lisbon Explorer. Lucky for me I was the only one that morning so I had my own personal tour guide. It was fun and did learn alot. I even found a cafe I will now visit while in Lisbon because of the tour. I know I would not have found it on my own and have passed it by of few of my walks in Lisbon.

I did not choose We Hate Tourism Tours when decided which tour compay, them or Lisbon Exploxer because of two things. One they are not #1 and they have twice the number of reviews as Lisbon Exploxer. Second I am a photographer and do not like seeing the world through a van. It not my cup to tea, walking is and Lisbon is a great walking city.

Bill

7. Re: We Hate Tourism Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 06:34