We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer in Lisbon

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beer in Lisbon

I'm heading to Lisbon in two weeks and was looking for interesting local microbreweries, brewpubs, and beer to visit or drink but I don't seem to be having much luck. The beer scene in Portugal looks to be dominated by a couple of big breweries (and I'm not fond of most big brewery offerings). Are there any interesting beer places in Lisbon that you would recommend, or am I better off sticking with the local wine, sangria, etc.?

cheers

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,534 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer in Lisbon

Portugal is a wine country. If you are not a fan of the big breweries you should focus on our exquisite wines and forget beer and sangria (argh).

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,534 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer in Lisbon

On beer, have a look:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189158-i203-k13…

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,748 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer in Lisbon

There are a couple of fairly decent bottled dark beers , a lot of people l know like Cristal Pilsener style beer, also bottled. Otherwise it's only mass produced lager style beer.

The Coral brewery on Madeira produces a fairly decent lager beer but it is not easy to find on the mainland.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer in Lisbon

OK, thanks for the suggestions. While I still keep my eyes open for beer that captures my interest, I'll probably spend more time enjoying the wine.

cheers

5. Re: Beer in Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 06:17