We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We loved Lisboa! - Quick debrief!

San Jose
Level Contributor
56 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
We loved Lisboa! - Quick debrief!

Firstly, thanks for all the help we got on this forum. We absolutely loved our trip to Lisbon. What a charming city! Some of our recommendations are touristy, but we loved being tourists in this city :)

We just wanted to write out the few restaurants (we are vegetarians) that we visited hoping that it helps some fellow goers

- Terra - This was just plain great! The food selection, flavors were really good and the service was great too. This is an all vegetarian buffet restaurant, and they have dishes that span multiple cuisines.

- Casanova - a great Pizzeria. This is located right outside the Santa Appolonia metro. A little tricky to get to as there are no signs :). Just walk out of the metro, cross Av. Infante Dom Henrique, and this restaurant's back door is in center of a big warehouse looking building. Must visit.. We came in at 3:30, so there was no wait and the pizzas were awesome

- Cafe Martinho De Arcada - You must must try coffee here! We visited it 3 times during our visit just to have their coffee in the morning. The quejadas (sp?) are pretty good too.

- Pasteis De Belem - Yes, the lines are long, but its just plain worth it. We tried the pastries at a couple of other places, and it just didnt stand up to this place! Please do not miss it.

We wanted to visit Pois Cafe, but didnt get a chance to do so..

We also took a tour by "We Hate Tourism Tours" and it was the highlight of our trip!

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
Real Embrace Portugal
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Lisbonne a Pied - Visites Guidees
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Treino de Mar
Sightseeing Tours
Yellow Cab TT Tours
City Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We loved Lisboa! - Quick debrief!

I have to disagree with you about the pastéis de Belém. We didn't find them any better than at any pastelaria. On the contrary, we have had better ones from local pastelarias all over Portugal.

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We loved Lisboa! - Quick debrief!

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Totally agree with you about Pasteis de Belém :)

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We loved Lisboa! - Quick debrief!

Alface:

Me too. (As well as the wife, and she has great taste buds)

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We loved Lisboa! - Quick debrief!

tried some in Porto as a reference and the Pasteis de Belem were incredible!!!

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
5. Re: We loved Lisboa! - Quick debrief!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 July 2011, 23:05
New York City
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We loved Lisboa! - Quick debrief!

"Their friend Uwe with See Lisbon or Die is offering illegal free tours"

Ok I have to ask this question but before I do I believe when I visit someone elses country I am guest and second "When in Rome do like the Romans", which mean to me leave my customs/beliefs at home.

I have not taken the two tours mention, but how is something done for free, illegal?

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
california
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We loved Lisboa! - Quick debrief!

Billy I'm with you... There are people in the Spain forum doing the same think with the free tour companies...

You know what IS WRONG:

**accusing companies and people without providing proof, only cowards do that, people that don't care about others!

***also, if the LICENSED tour operators want to charge 200euros an hr, well than don't complain here!!!!! When you get your business stolen from companies that have great reviews!!!

Pirates Hunter you are just jealous!!!

Why don't you tell your licensed tourist friends to make their prices more reasonable, and maybe you won't be crying here in the forum!

DO NOT ACCUSE PEOE WITHOUT PROOF!

If you have proof then post it here!!

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
8. Re: We loved Lisboa! - Quick debrief!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2011, 03:47
MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We loved Lisboa! - Quick debrief!

Regarding WHTT - the castle tour in Sintra was paid for by me, the tourist. I only arrived there because they drove me there. No free palace tour. Our driver did not accompany us on the venture through the castle either.

Mentioned in this post
Sintra
Sintra
Sintra Municipality, Portugal
Brooklyn, New York
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: We loved Lisboa! - Quick debrief!

I have a trip booked in Aug 2011. One of our days is the Sintra tour, which I booked (pre paid) because of comments on TA. After seeing these recent posts of how unreliable they are I am happy to hear you enjoyed the tour. Please tell me about your day with them?

Mentioned in this post
Sintra
Sintra
Sintra Municipality, Portugal