We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lisbon airport oriente train station lisbon

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
lisbon airport oriente train station lisbon

I land at Lisbon airport at 11.30 AM. I need to reach Oriente train station, to catch a train leaving at 13:20hrs. What would be the easiest + most convenient way to travel? Apart from a taxi.

Costa Adeje, Spain
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lisbon airport oriente train station lisbon

Airshutle 96 running every 30 minutes between airport and Oriente station.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
19,884 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lisbon airport oriente train station lisbon

Now it's aerobus line 2 golisbon.com/transport/airport-shuttle.html.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lisbon airport oriente train station lisbon

Check this:

yellowbustours.com/en/cities/lisbon/aerobus/

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,486 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lisbon airport oriente train station lisbon

Or if you don't have big and heavy bags, normal bus route 44 runs every 15 minutes from the airport to Oriente - buses showing destination as Moscavide. Cheaper at €1,50 than the Aerobus and more frequent.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lisbon airport oriente train station lisbon

Thanks all 4 replies to my question. But now I am thinking......Bus Route 44? (we have a suitcase each) OR Airshuttle 96 OR Aerobus Line 2 (presuming that this is the old 96?) OR..??????????

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,078 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lisbon airport oriente train station lisbon

With only a suitcase each, go with the normal bus route 44 and you will be just fine.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lisbon airport oriente train station lisbon

Have seen recently more and more tourists with larger than cabin size luggage being barred from entering the 44 bus.

Only one piece of luggage (cabin size) per passenger is allowed at regular buses like 44. Also the ticket for arerobus is valid for buses and trams for 24 hours so its really a bargain.

Edited: 18 July 2011, 11:43
Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,078 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lisbon airport oriente train station lisbon

They're going from Lisbon International to Oriente train station to catch a train. They will be not staying in Lisbon, so Alface WHAT's the "really a bargain" if they travel by Aerobus? They don't need a ticket valid for buses and trams for 24 hours.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: lisbon airport oriente train station lisbon

Hi,

Thanks yr inputs. As PMAL points out, I am actually only transiting (passing through) Lisbon--landing at 11.30 AM, Lisbon International Airport, and immediately rushing to catch the 1.30 PM departure, train from Oriente Station.So the 24 hr Bus Pass wont help.

I also dont have any idea how much time it would take me to clear --Checked-in baggage/Customs/Immigration, and exit the airport.

We also have a suitcase each, larger than 'cabin baggage' size. If your information is correct about Bus#44 not permitting larger suitcases, then we cannot board this bus--so I would need to get back to the AEROBUS Shuttle stop at the airport--a further delay..........

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: lisbon airport oriente train station lisbon

PMAL,

Thanks--you understood. However, if there was time, we could have first attempted Bus#44, if not successful (as per reasons given by Alface), then we could have returned to Aerobus. But I really have no idea what the journey time between the airport & Oriente would take. Also, without any speaking knowledge of Portuguese, it would take a further bit of time to get to the right train. BTW--tickets are already booked online. Hmm...!!!