We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants with a feature!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
635 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants with a feature!

Hi - we arrive in Lisbon late on a Friday afternoon.

We would like to pre-book somewhere for a meal - but perhaps somewhere a little unusual, quirky or with fabulous views?

On previous city breaks we have done Restaurant in the Dark (served by blind people), restaurants on boats, themed restaurants etc.

Is there anything in Lisbon people would recommend?

I've read about the Moving Table which looks quite interesting but seems to have mixed reviews.

Is there anywhere with fabulous views?

Any other ideas gratefully received!

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,692 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants with a feature!

I'm not sure if it would be quirky enough for you (and no views) but one of the stand-out decors I saw was the Cervejaria Trindade - it's a very historic beer hall and former monastery and brewery with the most fantastic wall tiles - even if you don't eat it's worth going to take photos (like me - I just stayed for a drink but had a good look round). It's not your average beer hall though as the bar is completely seperate from the main restaurant and it has a fine dining area too.

cervejariatrindade.pt/trindade_english.html

The various miradouros (viewing points) have outdoor cafe-bars with fabulous views - the bar at Largo das Portal do Sol was my favourite and has outstanding views. The one slightly further down the hill (Miradouro de Santa Luiza) had more tables for eating.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
635 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants with a feature!

Thank you for your reply - i will take a look at the website link.

Sounds like the viewing poits are a must also, to relax have a drink and admire the views!

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants with a feature!

Try Chapitô. It is located near the castle, has fantastic views and is, apart from a restaurant, also a bar, a circus school, a concert venue, an artisanate workshop and so much more.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
71 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants with a feature!

I also recommend Chapitô or a dinner with fado. No views, no great food, but it´s something different.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants with a feature!

For the view

Eleven

Panorama

For the food (with a table inside the kitchen)

Assinatura

For the ambience

Travessa

For the fish (you select your fish from a market show)

Mercado do Peixe

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
635 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants with a feature!

Brilliant - lost of suggestions thank you all!

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
2,947 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants with a feature!

For drinks with a view at sunset: Noobai cafe

Edited: 24 February 2012, 13:42
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants with a feature!

For restaurants in an old factory look at http://www.lxfactory.com/

9. Re: Restaurants with a feature!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 03:42