We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water front

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
York
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
water front

Where is the most picturesque place to go down to the water front in Lisbon?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,733 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: water front

How many do you want? By the bridges (25 de Abril and Vasco da Gama), at Parque das Nações, at Belém, at Terreiro do Paço? All the way between Alcantara and Belém? On the other bank by Cristo-Rei statue?

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: water front

There are so many, many places... You want just one?!

Lisboa - Doca de...
Level Contributor
252 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: water front

Torre de Belém it's nice...

(annoys me they allowed the Altis Belém Hotel&Spa to be build on that spot and the chaumpalimaud Center for Unknown... if we keep allowing this type of buildings some day we completely block the river... that's bad)

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,466 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: water front

For a central location, it has to be Praça do Comércio.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: water front

Walk between Belém and Docas. See the bridge from the ground. Other spot is Terreiro do Paço, with the boats on and off

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: water front

if you have time, another not so turistic place is a small park (Jardim do Rio - Almada) facing Lisbon from the other bank. you ve got to take the boat to "Cacilhas" from Cais do Sodré (10 min trip) and walk around 500 metres. good for a picnic and if there good wheater, you can see from Oeiras to Vasco da gama bridge (50 km range)

www.m-almada.pt/ngt_server/attachfileu.jsp…

Anyway if you have short time, I recomend the Cristo rei, because its higher

Edited: 15 April 2012, 00:07
York
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: water front

Thanks to you all for your tips! The pictures I'd seen made it look like the waterfront was a little inaccessible but I'm reassured! Thanks again : )

8. Re: water front

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 19:42