We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miradouros in Lisbon

Miami Beach, Florida
10 posts
Save Topic
Miradouros in Lisbon

What are the three most famous miradouros in Lisbon that I should visit ??

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,568 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miradouros in Lisbon

The Castle of St George - if it's a clear day - is one.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Miradouros in Lisbon

Portas do Sol; São Pedro de Alcantara

Lisbon
Level Contributor
249 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miradouros in Lisbon

Senhora do Monte (Graça), S. Pedro de Alcantara e Castelo

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miradouros in Lisbon

From my research for our upcoming visit, I have the following:

Miradouro Santa Luzia - supposed to be one of Lisbon's most serene views - a rose garden and grapevine trellises

Miradouro de Sao Pedro de Alcantara - a garden with beautiful, panoramic views across to St. George's castle and central Lisbon - there's a tile map of the world - next to the Elevador de Gloria - Solar do Vinho do Porto is across the street

Largo das Portas do Sol - amazing views of sea - cafes close by

Enjoy!

Edited: 23 May 2012, 20:03
Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,622 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miradouros in Lisbon

Do them all!

My favourite was Largo das Portas do Sol. I just loved it there - perhaps my favourite spot in Lisbon. Amazing view over the Tejo, the red roofs of Alfama and of church domes & towers. The cafe-bar kiosk has a great terrace to take in the view, you can also watch the trams coming & going. The views are not as far-reaching as the other miradouros though. You are only about 100m uphill from the Miradouro Santa Luiza here so can easily do both together.

I really liked the vibe at Miradouro de Santa Caterina, with lots of youngsters chilling out at the cafe-bar kiosk. Fun to get to up the Elevador de Bica. The view over to the Tejo's south bank is good, though a bit more industrial, you can see ferries crossing the river.

Miradouro de Sao Pedro de Alcantara has excellent panoramic views over Baixa to the castle and you can see the top of the cathedral towers too. Backed by nice gardens. There is a panel to tell you what you are looking at.

Miradouro da Graca has perhaps the widest city-scape of all, with good views of the castle and Ponte 25 de Abril bridge. It was probably the quietest. For me, somehow, it lacked the wow factor of the others, but still worth going to.

Other great vantage points are from the top of the Elevador de Santa Justa and from the top of Parque Eduardo VII.

Edited: 23 May 2012, 22:14
Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Miradouros in Lisbon

BayBOy - Thanks for your post. I've now added more to my list. And I'd not heard of Elevador de Bica!

7. Re: Miradouros in Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:17