We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

other names for oriente station?

ny
Level Contributor
179 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
other names for oriente station?

so i just tried to book my train ticket on cp.pt from porto to lisbon and oriente station no longer shows up in the station list. is it known by any other name? thanks!

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: other names for oriente station?

Try "Lisboa - Oriente". Make sure to leave a space both sides of the dash.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
19,403 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: other names for oriente station?

When trying to select any station in Lisboa, you have to start by "Lisboa (space) - (space)" it shows by alphabetic order so the first will be "Entrecampos", just type the "O" and Oriente will show up.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: other names for oriente station?

Which is ridiculous, as no-one knows which station they are supposed to be leaving from unless they first study a map!

Countless times people wonder why there are seemingly only two trains a day between Lisbon and Porto because they only see Lisboa - Entrecampos.

For example, the French railways website has a 'Paris - all stations option'.

ny
Level Contributor
179 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: other names for oriente station?

yes, i made that mistake and first purchased a ticket to entrecampos. but check it out on their site, oriente no longer shows up even if i type in lisbon - o!

www.cp.pt/cp/displayPage.do…

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: other names for oriente station?

It won't recognise LISBON - it wants LISBOA in Portuguese.

(the system uses predictive text so as soon as you type LIS it displays LISBOA)

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,135 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: other names for oriente station?

I've just checked on this side of the pond and on the "Neticket" option, "Lisboa Oriente" and "Oriente" are there!

On the Horario & preços option it is shown as lisboa-oriente !

Although its inconvenient, I wouldn't blame CP to much!

Us web designers/programmers do everything logically wherever we are from in the world and never think first about "user-friendliness".....

ny
Level Contributor
179 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: other names for oriente station?

ugh, now it's showing up but when i try to click ok to show the available trains, it doesn't take me anywhere. i may have to wait to buy them when i'm in porto i guess!

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: other names for oriente station?

You have to fill in the date as well - I have used the site today to look up Pombal - Lisboa - St Apalonia in September without a time, and it gave me the full list of available trains.

BTW - I click the 'timetable and prices' tab because I too had trouble with the 'ticket' tab.

Edited: 23 August 2012, 16:31
Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: other names for oriente station?

I notice that on the Porto - Lisboa-Oriente trip, the price falls from €30 to €24 if you pick the right time train.

10. Re: other names for oriente station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 05:16