We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary required for a Weekend in Lisbon

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bangalore
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
itinerary required for a Weekend in Lisbon

Would be in Lisbon on weekend in Week50,put up @ Novotel,Jose Malhoa.(arrival on 14DEC night Departure 16DEC evevning)

Please help me the quick attraction list:

- I would be interested to see famous monuments (both new and old) not interested in Museums, palace may be from outside. View points.

-a day trip to Sintra if feasible,

-Also would like to know the bay area in Lisbon.

Would be really grateful if you could help me in chalking out itinerary for my stay.

Kind regards,

Mukesh

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,399 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary required for a Weekend in Lisbon

http://www.golisbon.com/

Buy a VivaViagem support card (0,5€) for public transports (at the metro station close to your hotel), load it with a 24h ticket (5€) and use all buses, metro, trams and elevadores to visit the city. Forget Sintra, in fact you're here less than 48h (if you include waiting time at airport).

bangalore
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: itinerary required for a Weekend in Lisbon

Thanks for your advice.

Some more questions:

Is the VivaViagem support card available at the airport and is it valid on all 4 Metrolines(Blue,Green,Yellow and Red). and Underground.

Is it Valid for the ferry between Cais Do Sodre and Cacilhas?

How easy or difficult is to use the automated machine at the stations?

This is what I have decided-

Day 1:

0930AM Leave for the Belen Tower reach dest. By 1015AM

1115AM Leave for Discoveries Moument reach dest. By 1130AM

12Noon Leave for the Christ Statue(Almada) reach dest.By 0115PM

Head For Lunch @ Pizza Hut

0230PM Leave to Cais Do Sodre reach Dest.By 0315PM

0315PM Head to Abril Bridge reach Destn by 0345PM

0415PM Head to Aqueduct(nr. Campolide St.) reach Dest. 0500PM

0515Pm Head To the Bay Area Relax and End the day.

0730Pm Head for dinner Indian Rest. @ SALDANHA Stn Area.

Day 2:

Take the Tram 28 Tour observing the places from different View Points.

Please suggest your opinions about this schdule.

Regards,

MMB

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,399 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: itinerary required for a Weekend in Lisbon

Viva Viagem it's valid in ALL public transports - Metro (also known as underground), buses, trams, elevadores, ferry and urban trains. Buy it at the metro station in the airport. Since you want to mix the ferry with the transports in Lisboa, your best option is to use the Zapping option (load an amount of money and spend it as you go). metrolisboa.pt/eng/…

"How easy or difficult is to use the automated machine at the stations" they have indications in english (also french and spanish).

Day 1:

0930AM Leave for the Belen Tower reach dest. By 1015AM

1115AM Leave for Discoveries Moument reach dest. By 1130AM

Head to Abril Bridge (I suppose that you are referring to the area around Alcantara, so it's best to go from Belém area to that area straight away)

Leave for the Christ Statue(Almada)

Leave to Cais Do Sodre

Head to Aqueduct (it will be night by then)

Head To the Bay Area Relax and End the day. (Where is the bay area?)

bangalore
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: itinerary required for a Weekend in Lisbon

Hi ,

The Bay Area I was refering here was the NEW lisbin area where you have the Oceanorium and the Vasco da gama Building.

And I also read that there is a big shopping mall near to the metro station.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,399 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: itinerary required for a Weekend in Lisbon

Ok, it's Parque das Nações and there's no "bay" there, just the river that it's very wide in that area. Yes, you have the Oceanario, Vasco da Gama bridge, lots of restaurants and cafes besides the shopping (called Vasco da Gama).

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: itinerary required for a Weekend in Lisbon

When in Belém dont miss Mosteiro dos Jerónimos (church and cloyters): its probably Lisbon's main atraction and much more relevant than Padrão dos Descobrimentos wich is a 20 th century construction. Besides the view from Padrão is very similiar to the one you'll enjoy from Torre de Belém.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,116 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: itinerary required for a Weekend in Lisbon

You can easily walk from the monastery (Vasco da gamas tomb is there) to the Padrao to the Belem Tower then take a bus back to the coach museum to see all the beautiful gilded state coaches.

We also did a river cruise that went up to the Vasco da Gama bridge then down to Belem Tower. You go under the 25 April bridge and right past the Christ statue. It was lovely seeing it all from the water as well.

8. Re: itinerary required for a Weekend in Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 08:15