We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lisbon hotel and coimbra

cambridge, Ma
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
lisbon hotel and coimbra

Hi - myself and my husband and two adult daughters are traveling to portugal late May. any ideas for a moderately priced hotel or BandB near hotorical sights? Mostly we are staying near Coimbra so any suggestions about car day trips would be welcome as well

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lisbon hotel and coimbra

Hi!

I would recomend for example the Ibis hotel in Lisbon, It would be not very expensive, and I think it would fit your needs. But the best bet is to search and check here if the hotel is nicely located.

Regarding Coimbra, some nice day trips is to Conimbriga, an old Roman village with 2000 years old, Aveiro, Figueira da Foz, Luso <- Amazing Park, Tomar <- Amazing Templar castle.

Hope this helps!

lisbon
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: lisbon hotel and coimbra

Hi There,

The Ibis in Saldanha in Lisbon is very central and costs 60 euros per night for a double room. Near Coimbra if possible you should visit Quinta da Geia (www.quintadageia.com) for a lunch or dinner. Its a 60 minutes ride from Coimbra. If possible visit also Serra da Freita near Arouca where you shouldnt miss Pena (small village). In Mealhada you should try "Leitao". Dont forget also to visit Bussaco Palace, very romantic hotel and park.

Regards,

Joao

Feel free to contact me :joaochedas@hotmail.com