We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

location northish and west of Lisbon?

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
602 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
location northish and west of Lisbon?

Hi all, we will have a week in Portugal in June and because we will have grandma (me) as well as a 2 and a 3 year old, we're going to focus on the area that roughly includes Lisbon (will stay several nights there first) to Cascais to Sintra to Obidos and maybe Tomar and ...

I'd like to have some beach and nature and we also adore all the castles and historic places SO I'm looking for a good location to find a villa for the 7 of us to rent. Spoiled as we are I hope for air conditioning.

Mostly I am wondering where would be good. It looks to me like all of everything in this general area is really close. Suggestions for a place? Would near Sintra be too far south?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Sintra, Portugal
Level Contributor
454 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: location northish and west of Lisbon?

Will you be driving?

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
602 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: location northish and west of Lisbon?

Yes, we'll have a car ... Or two :)

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,338 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: location northish and west of Lisbon?

If you're staying in Lisboa first for several nights you'll be able to visit Sintra and Cascais by public transports if you want. So I would say look for a villa around Lagoa de Óbidos/Pedras d'el Rey and you'll be close to the beach, to Óbidos, Batalha, Alcobaça, Tomar, etc.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,116 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: location northish and west of Lisbon?

Here are some websites to look for rentals:

www.ownersdirect.co.uk

www.homeaway.co.uk

www.holidaylettings.co.uk

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
602 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: location northish and west of Lisbon?

Thanks, 64novpt. That makes sense.

Sintra, Portugal
Level Contributor
454 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: location northish and west of Lisbon?

If driving, i would stay based in Cascais and then could move to Lisbon, Sintra and other northern villages and cities (Obidos/Mafra/Tomar/etc) for day tours.

Cascais has great restaurants, good to relax, easy to walk along the see, low traffic, and close to everything using the highway.

7. Re: location northish and west of Lisbon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 07:16