We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Lisbon

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
5 days in Lisbon

I am planning on a trip for next week. If I have 5 days in Lisbon. What short trips can I take by bus or train? Or should I spend the entire time in Lisbon?

thank you

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days in Lisbon

You should certainly visit Sintra, which is a good whole day trip but easy to get to on the train. Dont miss it, especially the Quinta da Regaleira. There is a very helpful Top Question to the right at the top of the page on Sintra and how to get there.

If you wanted another half day trip close by, I'd probably go for Queluz (a lovely palace) or Cascais/Estoril, all of which are easy to get to by train.

If you wanted a big day trip, then I love Évora - a beautiful walled city with a stunning chapel of bones. Bus is the easiest way there, but it will be a very full day.

However, you would have no trouble filling 4 days in Lisbon (plus one in Sintra). See the itineraries to the right.

I hope you have a wonderful time.

Edited: 03 March 2013, 08:51
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days in Lisbon

How many hours should one tour Sintra to get a good feel for it? Thank you. :)

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
19,818 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days in Lisbon

"How many hours should one tour Sintra to get a good feel for it?" Minimum, half a day.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days in Lisbon

Thank you.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 days in Lisbon

Tattoosydney, thanks a lot.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 days in Lisbon

Hi Tattosydney - thanks for the tip. Evora looks amazing and we'll be adding it to our itinerary.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 days in Lisbon

Would Obidos be worth a day trip? Thank you.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 days in Lisbon

Should I book the same place to stay in Lisbon for 5 nights, or spend various nights at these lovely cities. Actually we just had to switch our days to mid April. thank you

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 days in Lisbon

If it were me, I'd book four nights in Lisbon with an overnight in Évora.

10. Re: 5 days in Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 02:49