We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon Taxis & Private Tours

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
2 posts
Save Topic
Lisbon Taxis & Private Tours

My husband and I visited Lisbon in December / January 2013 and we wanted to book our airport transfers, so we looked up Trip Advisor and people were recommending Pedro. So we corresponded by e-mail with him (info@lisbontaxis.com.pt) and he immediately replied with a confirmation of our airport transfers without even asking for payment or a deposit in advance.

We also asked for some information regarding one day Tours to Sintra and Fatima and he sent us all the details.

We arrived in Lisbon and sure enough Pedro had sent a driver with our names on a board to pick us up from the airport. To my horror, standing next to Pedro's driver was a young lady also holding a board with our name on it. It transpired that the Hotel (same chain I work for) had organised complimentary airport transfers as a surprise. I called Pedro and apologised for this misunderstanding as we had an hour delay and his driver had been waiting for us and I asked him how much we owed the driver for this trip, even though we were not going to make use of the taxi. Pedro insisted that he did not want any payment whatsoever and that he understood that the situation was an unfortunate misunderstanding. I was very embarrassed, especially since Pedro absolutely did not want to get paid for his driver's inconvenience.

So I promised Pedro I would call him to book one of his Private Tours and that was the best thing my husband and I ever did. We took the Sintra Tour and Pedro called for us at the Hotel at 10:00 hours (time chosen by us) in a lovely, spotless Mercedes and took us to Sintra Centre where he wanted to stop us in the Town Centre to explore it and to taste the famous 'Travesseiros' which is the typical Sintra pastry, however we opted to drive through instead.

This is the most amazing benefit of Pedro's private tours as he allows you to tailor make them to suit your needs and likes. We then proceeded to Quinta da Regaleira which is the most amazing property and gardens I have ever seen. We spent 1.5 hours here and when we were ready we found Pedro waiting for us in the car outside ready to take us to Moorish Castle or Pena Palace, or both. We decided to go to Pena Palace, which was again another very good recommendation by Pedro.

He wanted to stop us for lunch, however, we had eaten a large breakfast and had some snacks on the way so we preferred to see as much as possible on our tour. He drove us to Roca Cape, the westernmost point of Continental Europe and took photos of my husband and myself and stopped us in so many places to take photos on the way back to Lisbon on the coastal road while passing through Cascais and Estoril.

Even though it was a Sunday, Pedro wanted to give us the full 9 hours tour and since we had not stopped for lunch and had not stopped in the City Centre of Sintra, Pedro offered to take us on a City Tour of Lisbon and believe me when I tell you that he showed us every part of Lisbon we needed to see and even recommended restaurants for my special dietry needs. He also filled us in on all the history as we drove along and even stopped us to take photos once again. This was great as it was really easy to get around from then on, since he had oriented us with this amazing city and had given us all the necessary tips and guidelines to make our holiday such a huge success.

He dropped us off at the Hotel at around 7 pm and I did not want this day to end as it was truly a memorable and amazing one and we could never have seen so much in such a short time, if it were not for Pedro.

Pedro is a lovely person and an extremely knowledgable tour guide and speaks perfect English. Apart from all the beautiful places he took us, the highlight of our day was getting to know this warm kind man and sharing and exchanging our life experiences with him. He immediately made us feel extremely comfortable and whilst remaining professional at all times and rushing out of the car to open the car door for me :) his charactar and gentle nature made us warm up to him as if we had been knowing him forever.

If you visit Lisbon, you must absolutely call Pedro, if you need taxi service or private tours as believe me it will be money well spent and I can guarantee that you will not regret a cent you pay him and he will truly give you value for money and more!!! So keep his number handy +351 911 704 708 and I am sure that he will give you the same royal treatment he gave us.

Thanks buddy for a fantastic and unforgettable day!!!! We recommend you blindly to anyone visiting Lisbon.

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lisbon Taxis & Private Tours

What a fantastic experience. Thanks for sharing.

We have booked our airport transfer with Pedro for our upcoming Lisbon visit. He was very prompt in replying and quoted us a very fair rate.

Palmetto, Florida
Level Contributor
5,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lisbon Taxis & Private Tours

Maltese,

Seriously, you need to write me a recommendation for my next job! :))

That was a great endorsement. Thanks for the feedback.

Malta
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lisbon Taxis & Private Tours

You won't regret it. Enjoy :)

4. Re: Lisbon Taxis & Private Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 02:49
ny
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Lisbon Taxis & Private Tours

great story, thanks for sharing.

Do you have his email address?

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,631 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lisbon Taxis & Private Tours

Hi Maltese C,

A very nice review. Make sure to add it to the review section where it will live on. These posts disappear after a couple of weeks.

If we had not already booked Pedro (TA recommendation) for our airport pickup your review would have convinced us.

Peter & Jean. :o)

Edited: 13 March 2013, 06:33
Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,631 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lisbon Taxis & Private Tours

Hi trixieny,

It is in the OP.

info@lisbontaxis.com.pt

Peter & Jean. :o)

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lisbon Taxis & Private Tours

Do you have an e-Mail address to share. I will really appreciate it.

Thanks, Sonia

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lisbon Taxis & Private Tours

See Pro69's post.

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lisbon Taxis & Private Tours