We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pickpockets

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Pickpockets

Just returned from Lisbon and it is a lovely city.

But please be aware that there are very many teams of pickpockets operating in the city.

take extra care when boarding trams and buses etc especially tram 28 where i caught a lady with her hand in my friends pocket .

I know all big cities have this problem but lisbon seems to be rife with them just now.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Pickpockets

We are still in Lisbon area so thought I'd update on where else I've seen pickpockets.

Waiting for 15 tram to Belem was a man alone standing behind people queuing, at Belem on grass near Este Oeste Restaurant, man was scouting for possibilities and at monument by water older man doing same. Belem seemed a real hotspot.

Now in Cascais I thought we could let guard down but at Boca do Inferno this morning, there was a decent sized gang. One man was up and down the rocks on the lookout. A man and 2 women were up above. They net up and closed in either side of a lady who'd left her rucksack by her side. Would have loved to have warned her but didn't want to put myself in danger.

Basically they will be at tourist attractions where cameras and wallets abound and foreigners are looking in one direction and not concentrating on what's around them.

Manchester
Level Contributor
68 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Pickpockets

I was a victim of pick pocketing on tram no 28. The guy was very crafty, and once he got his booty, he got off the next stop, only for me to find out when he was long gone after I arrived at the castle. I was gutted, obviously, but more upset that momentos from my dad's funeral were in my purse. Money and cards can be replaced, but personal effects can't. Beware! Ironically, when I reported it to the police, they said, if that guy hadn't have got my purse, someone else on the tram would've done

13. Re: Pickpockets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:15