We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to shower at Lisbon airport?

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Is it possible to shower at Lisbon airport?

Hello,

My husband and I are arriving from the US early in the morning (5:30 am) and cannot check into our hotel room until 2 pm (or 14h). We know that taking a shower after our overnight flight will make us each feel much better about being awake. Are their public showers at the Lisbon airport? Where are they? What is the fee? Are towels provided? Are there limitations on what time they are open?

Thanks so much!!

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,169 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it possible to shower at Lisbon airport?

There are public showers airside on the departure level but where these are accessible from arrivals, I am not sure!

Anybody?

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,175 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it possible to shower at Lisbon airport?

Just leave the arrivals and then go to the departure hall (terminal 1). Next to the check in counters 14-36 you'll find Travel Spa. They do hair, beauty, massages and have showers. Opening hours are from 08.00 am weekdays and from 10.00 am weekends. I'm sure they provide towels but don't know the fee. You could email the airport for that?: lisbon.airport@ana-aeroportos.pt

Have you contacted your hotel? Maybe they can accommodate your early arrival.

Edited: 27 August 2013, 00:05
Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,169 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it possible to shower at Lisbon airport?

FTHW, that is useful!

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,175 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it possible to shower at Lisbon airport?

I'm not sure about the fee though. Hope someone will complete the info!

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,160 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it possible to shower at Lisbon airport?

There are showers in the public washrooms in the departure areas.

On overnight flights, we always bring a face cloth and toothbrush. I also have some Arrive Alive from Saje. This combo seems to waken us up nicely.

Edited: 27 August 2013, 11:12
New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it possible to shower at Lisbon airport?

Thanks for the information! Our hotel can't get us in until 1 pm, so we want to freshen up so we can enjoy the morning.

7. Re: Is it possible to shower at Lisbon airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 06:20