We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel convenient to airport and to Lisboa Oriente station

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
286 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel convenient to airport and to Lisboa Oriente station

I will be returning to Lisbon for one evening before my flight home (10:25 AM) after being on an 11 day tour of Portugal. I need a hotel that will be easy for me to get to from the Lisboa Oriente station, and will also give me easy access (shuttle or taxi) to the airport for my morning flight. I would prefer a hotel in an area where I can walk out and get a decent dinner, rather than having a hotel restaurant as my last memory of food in Portugal. I was originally looking at the Radisson Blu for its proximity to the airport. But I have seen mention of the Parque de Nações area as an alternative. Your recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,133 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel convenient to airport and to Lisboa Oriente station

Don't choose Radisson Blu or any other hotel close to the airport as there's really nothing around to create a good memory of your last night.

Best to go to the Avenida de Liberdade. From Oriente you take the red line metro to São Sebastião and switch to the blue line to Avenida.

If it's within your budget you could have a look at the Heritage hotels. There are plenty of restaurants around the Avenida for a nice dinner.

The next morning you can either take the metro (with same change in São Sebastião), don't get out in Oriente but the 3rd stop after for the airport. Alternatively you could take a taxi to the airport. Taxis are not expensive.

For the metro: http://www.metrolisboa.pt/eng/ (it has a nice route planner)

For the Heritage hotels: http://www.heritage.pt/

Edited: 15 September 2013, 15:27
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
17,214 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel convenient to airport and to Lisboa Oriente station

Parque das Nações it's a better alternative, but you can stay at the city center. The airport is "in the city", you'll get there easily, either by metro or taxi.

New York
Level Contributor
286 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel convenient to airport and to Lisboa Oriente station

FTHW - I will have already spent 4 nights on Avenida de Liberdade at the start of my stay. Plus, that might have sounded easy to you, but to me it's overwhelming - a train followed by 2 more trains in a place that I don't know and don't speak the language.

Parque das Nações might be a better idea. I think this area is close to the airport. Is the transportation just as complicated? I will probably opt for a taxi (or airport shuttle if offered) on the morning of my flight rather than deal with the metro and potentially screw it up. But I had hoped for a simple and single connection to a rail line that would take me there from Lisboa Oriente. Unrealistic? I guess I could always choose a taxi for this leg of the trip as well...

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel for one night in Parque das Nacoes? Thanks.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
17,214 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel convenient to airport and to Lisboa Oriente station

From the airport to Parque das Nações (Oriente station) it's just 3 stops with the metro, it can't be easier.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,133 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel convenient to airport and to Lisboa Oriente station

Glad to read you already stayed on Ave de Liberdade and I hope you enjoyed.

It's quite a different atmosphere around Parque das Nações. Have a look with Google streetview.

You could check out hotel Tivoli Oriente.

Taxis are quite inexpensive! To the airport from Oriente around 6 or 7 euro, from the center around 10 euro.

6. Re: Hotel convenient to airport and to Lisboa Oriente station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 05:17