We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghana vs. Egypt WC Qualifier?

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ulaanbaatar...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Ghana vs. Egypt WC Qualifier?

Hello Forum,

I'm visiting Lisbon and have a question perhaps with no answer...

Is there likely to be somewhere where I could watch the Egypt vs. Ghana World Cup qualifier? Or would it be on a local channel I am likely to get in a hotel?

Thanks a lot for any leads.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,047 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ghana vs. Egypt WC Qualifier?

Very, very, unlikely. The local sports channels are all subscription only and I have never seen them available in any hotel room. Do you mean the game on 19th November or the one this afternoon at 1600hrs?

The only channels I can see on the listings that you might even have the remotest chance of watching today's match are Al Jazeera Sport 8 or the British channel ESPN. Even then, you must find a bar that can broadcast them and probably even then have to go onto bended knee and beg!

A similar situation will exist for the second match on 19th November, and will be probably more difficult as that match time will be the same as the many European qualification playoffs.

If you can obtain a very good internet connection you may be able to access a streamed broadcast.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,047 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ghana vs. Egypt WC Qualifier?

Correction - today's game is at 1700hrs local which reduces your chances even more as Portugal match starts at 1800.

On 19th November the match in Egypt will be at 1600hrs our time, which means no clash with the European matches.

(I forgot to click the 'convert to your local time' button on the FIFA website.)

Ulaanbaatar...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ghana vs. Egypt WC Qualifier?

Thanks cubsur, that's what I figured. I'll be back in Egypt for the November match, and I should be enjoying my time in Lisbon instead of watching TV today anyway.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,047 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ghana vs. Egypt WC Qualifier?

Join the Portuguese fans at 6pm and watch them suffer, then England suffer at 8pm.

USA
Level Contributor
384 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ghana vs. Egypt WC Qualifier?

Condolences to the OP (about game).

But cubsur, if you thought Portugal and England were going to lose, you were all wet.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,047 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ghana vs. Egypt WC Qualifier?

Not expecting to lose but, as usual, we were biting our fingernails until that second goal went in two minutes before the end. You probably heard the roars of relief where you are.

Portugal were utterly pathetic against the ten men of Luxembourg and now face a playoff against someone good.

Good business for the bars in November!

7. Re: Ghana vs. Egypt WC Qualifier?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 06:20