We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chicago Area
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic

We will be arriving in Lisbon on the 20th of December and will be staying at the Tivoli Lisboa hotel. We will be joining a cruise on the 22nd but will be on our own for dinner for two nights. Any restaurant recommendations? We could stick with the hotel fare which gets pretty good reviews but wouldn't mind something a little more "authentic" and casual and not too far from the hotel ... in the Avenida area, I think.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
22,316 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

Go to Chafariz do Vinho, it's very close http://www.chafarizdovinho.com/en/index.htm

Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

Don't know the type of restaurant you're looking for... but staying at the Tivoli I would go just around the block (up) to Barata Salgueiro Street where you can find Guilty (trendy) and D'Oliva (half-Italian-expensive...). Or go down and turn to "something" César Machado street to Olivier.

Also in your hotel, the Brasserie is nice although, in my opinion, the price/quality ratio is skewed on the upside...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

Another vote for Chafariz do Vinho - good food, an amazing wine list and it's housed in part of the aqueduct so it's a very cool space.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,238 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Down in the Chiado try Cafe Fabulas:

I occasionally do business and social meets there.

See: http://bit.ly/1eOothQ

New Jersey
Level Contributor
178 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

You could also try Pedro e o Lobo that opened in Lisbon about three years ago and has received rave reviews. I tried it last year and was very impressed. It has been described as offering "universal fable with a Portuguese soul" (Fabula universal com ulma lusa).

Also it's just about 3-4 minutes walk from Tivoli Lisboa (I also stayed there during my last two visits). The address of the restaurant is: Rua do Salitre, 169. Phone number: +351 21 193 3719.

Edited: 05 December 2013, 02:17
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,617 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

We loved both Guilty and Olivier, different ambience of course but the same attention to detail and good service. Lovely food in both.

7. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 06:18