We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrabida Natural Park - Without a car?

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Arrabida Natural Park - Without a car?

Hello!

I would like to visit Arrabida Natural Park. I don't want to rent a car or take a bus tour from Lisbon. Does anyone know if there is any public transit within the park (from Setubal or somewhere accessible from Lisbon)? Or is there anywhere interesting I could walk from Setubal to get to? I also saw that there are some bike rental places in Setubal - has anyone tried renting a bike from Setubal to get around the park?

Thanks for your help!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
19,884 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrabida Natural Park - Without a car?

When? Last summer there was a tourist bus departing from Setúbal (Bus Tour Arrábida) that was going along the coast, along the park until Azeitão. There are buses from Lisboa to Sesimbra and Azeitão (TST bus company). From Setúbal there are (not frequent) buses to Outão area and to Praia da Figueirinha (TST bus company). Or a taxi from Setúbal to Portinho da Arrábida, it should not be that expensive. http://www.tsuldotejo.pt/?idioma=2

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,486 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrabida Natural Park - Without a car?

There are buses from Setubal that go close to the park ( within about two miles) but none that I know of that go inside. The nearest town is Vila Nova de Azeitâo but I am not sure which is the best way to access the park from Setubal.

Setubal is easy to reach from Lisbon by train (www.fertagus.pt) or bus (www.tsuldotejo.pt) the bus company also operates the local services around the park areas.

Sorry I cannot help any further.

3. Re: Arrabida Natural Park - Without a car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 05:18