We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartment location

Indianapolis...
9 posts
Save Topic
apartment location

hi, we will be in Lisbon for 5 days the first of April and am looking at this apartment http://aptchagas.wordpress.com/ It is on R.das Chagas, just couth of Chiado/Camoes. I've never been to Lisbon and have read about the different areas but cant get a handle on the locations. We are in our mid 60's and fit so we can handle all the walking. just want to be sure we are in a good area and not too far from nice restaurants and little shops.

this apartment appeals to me, besides being beautiful, because it doesnt require an elevator. Im very claustrophobic. thanks so much for any information you can give me.

Oh, one more thing, does anyone have any experience with cooking classes in Lisbon?

Lisbon Cooking Academy
Lessons & Workshops, Cooking Classes
Cook & Corks
Cooking Classes, Lessons & Workshops
Cooking Lisbon
Cooking Classes, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
FoodieBookings
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Cooking Classes, Food Tours
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apartment location

It's a perfect location on the edge of Chiado, central Lisbon's fanciest area, close to the Bairro Alto. You could hardly be more central.

Indianapolis...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: apartment location

thanks so much, that's what I needed to know.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: apartment location

Mimi:

Here's another recommendation for this apartment and area. Our last visit to PT was 2 years ago, and we actually stayed in an apartment (not this one) on R. das Chagas at number 29. It's a pretty good area. The number 28 tram stop is just up the street on Calcada do Combro.

There are nice restaurants on do Combro. Post Office a couple of blocks away. Small market (Pingo Doce I believe) you'll like this area. Also the funicular is close. I'd say your proposed apartment is just down the block from where we stayed.

We didn't shop much in this area, but you simply walk to the shopping center, take the elevator down to ground level, and you'll be in downtown Central Lisbon

Hint for the #28 tram.......get on and go to the far eastern terminus, from where you'll be staying, then take it back all the way to the castle area (so you can score sit down seats)..............you'll avoid the pickpocketing!

Please feel free to send me a personal message for info if you have questions............we've been to PT a few times, and will most likely return.......love the country, Lisboa, and the area you are considering. We're also smack dab in the middle of your age grouping.

I think there are a couple of fado places in the area north of Camoes.

I see sydney answered you...........you got good info there as well!

Best,

tptr

Indianapolis...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: apartment location

Thanks so much, I sent the deposit today. Feeling very good about the location thanks to tptr and tattoosydney!

5. Re: apartment location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 06:18