We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon first Visit

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lisbon first Visit

as it is my first visit to Lisbon I wonder could someone help me with my query,i would like to know would I be better off staying in the Solplay Apt Hotel or the Vip Lisboa Hotel and Spa for my visit.Is the Solplay Apt Hotel too far from Lisbon or is it easily to access by public transport and also to get to Carcas and Sintra.How long does it take to get from Solplay apt Hotel to Lisbon.Many Thanks Martin

Mentioned in this post
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
Lisboa Airport
Lisboa Airport
Lisbon, Portugal
Sintra
Sintra
Sintra Municipality, Portugal
Britania Hotel
Britania Hotel
#3 of 256 hotels in Lisbon
Hotel Avenida Palace
Hotel Avenida Palace
#4 of 256 hotels in Lisbon
As Janelas Verdes
As Janelas Verdes
#8 of 256 hotels in Lisbon
Lisbon
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lisbon first Visit

Hi,

if i'm not wrong Solpay is in Linda a Velha...or somewhere close. In this case, being half way Lisbon-Cascais..means nowhere (not really, but from a tourist point of view...)

If this is the hotel you are referring to and you plan to use public transports, definitely you should stay at the VIP Lisboa.

cheers,

miguel

Mentioned in this post
Cascais
Cascais
Lisbon District, Portugal
Lisboa Airport
Lisboa Airport
Lisbon, Portugal
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lisbon first Visit

hi,solplay apt hotel to lisbon takes 25 mins by bus,your nearest train stations are cruz quebrada and alges which are about a 20/30 minute walk away where you can catch a train to cais de sodre in lisbon,the other side of the track takes you to cascais,from cascais 2 buses will take you to sintra,403 takes the more scenic route via cabo de roca,417 takes the more direct route. although solplay apt hotel gets a lot a good reviews i agree with miguel the vip lisbon hotel and spa would be the better of your 2 options,however i would choose somewhere a little bit more central,what ever you choose have a good one.

3. Re: Lisbon first Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 January 2014, 17:35
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lisbon first Visit

Thank you kindly for your detailed reply

5. Re: Lisbon first Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 05:17