We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Im 17, will I be able to drink in the Lisbon bars?

Worthing, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Im 17, will I be able to drink in the Lisbon bars?

Hi, me and a few friends are hoping to travel to Lisbon in the summer to see the sights and relax at the different beaches. We were thinking it would be nice to have a drink (beer or wine) in some of the local bars. We researched the drinking ages and different websites have different information on the topic. We are not loud and would not be disrupting the locals or area.

If any Portuguese people or young people who have traveled to Lisbon have any answers on this topic it would be great.

Thank you.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,175 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Im 17, will I be able to drink in the Lisbon bars?

Beer and wine will be no problem, it's allowed from 16 years on. Spirits from 18 years on.

2. Re: Im 17, will I be able to drink in the Lisbon bars?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 05:18