We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon swimming season

Madrid, Spain
3 posts
Save Topic
Lisbon swimming season

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Lisbon in which I would also like a swim in the ocean. Is the weather ok for that at the end off april? Thank's in advance

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,191 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lisbon swimming season

The sea water will be around 16C.

The air temperature between 15 and 18C

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
23,258 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lisbon swimming season

The beach season at Estoril coast (the nearest beaches to Lisboa) will start in May. In April you'll swim at your one risk.

Madrid, Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lisbon swimming season

Ok...so I guess I wont be swimming right? :)

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,517 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lisbon swimming season

Certainly not in Lisbon as it is not on the ocean. Travel 40minute by train to Cascais or Estoril but the sea will still be pretty cold.

Mentioned in this post
Cascais
Cascais
Lisbon District, Portugal
Madrid, Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lisbon swimming season

What about the weather at the middlle of march. Plans have changed and I was thinking of comming between 10-15 march. Is is possible to stay on the beach all day? I mean is it that warm outside? Thanks

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,191 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lisbon swimming season

Here are the average temperatures for March: holiday-weather.com/cascais/averages/march/

It's not yet beach weather. When the sun is out and you find a sheltered spot, it's enjoyable but you'll be happy to be warmly dressed.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
23,258 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lisbon swimming season

In march, you can stay at the beach or by the beach but you'll be very lucky if you can wear shorts and T-shirt.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
27 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lisbon swimming season

The sea for us at that time is very cold, and the nearest beach from Lisbon it's like 30 minutes by train, (Estoril or in the other side of the river at Caparica)

9. Re: Lisbon swimming season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 07:19