We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe money transfer for rental

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Safe money transfer for rental

We are visiting in May. Found a great apt. on VRBO to rent. The owner is asking for IBAN for the transfer of a deposit. Is this safe? Thanks!

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe money transfer for rental

Perfectly safe system. Used International transfer in 2013 when going to Serbia for the Trumpet Festival. It's easy to accomplish and your bank (in my case it was my Credit Union) can tell you how to go about it.

That being said, you need to be certain your VRBO property is correct and above board. Have your read lots of reviews regarding the property? How long has the owner been in business, etc. You need to be certain that it's what you want.

tptr

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe money transfer for rental

elisabeth:

If you have more questions, you can send me a pm.

tptr

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe money transfer for rental

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately there are no reviews. But it is listed on 3 different sites (VRBO, AirBnB and HomeAway as well as a service that rents called WarmRentals.com). I spoke with the owner. We have had good luck with VRBO in the past!

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe money transfer for rental

Yes, we've done VRBO and Homeaway as well.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe money transfer for rental

Please have a look under "top questions" (to the right) for "safe payment for your holiday rental".

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe money transfer for rental

Thank you for the replies...we decided to go with another unit that has lots of fabulous reviews and accepts PayPal. Not to mention and terrace to die for!!!

7. Re: Safe money transfer for rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 05:17