We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon 4 nights with child...best location and itiniary?

North West
Level Contributor
78 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Lisbon 4 nights with child...best location and itiniary?

we are travelling to Lisbon around 10th April, a couple with 18 year old and 10 year old girl.

We would like to do the main sights, but not have an exhausting trip either.What apartments or aparthotel would you recommend?

Also I see posts about a hop on hop off bus...where does one get info about this , and is it sold in day passes or two day? I guess that would be an easy way to see the city.

We dont have to see all sights just the ones people really recommend so any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Dunstable...
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lisbon 4 nights with child...best location and itiniary?

We have stayed at Chiado 16 and only have fabulous things to say about this apartment like hotel. It is in the middle of Chiado area that makes it easy to have connections to public transportation and plenty of places to easily walk to.

You do have a bit of age difference on what might interest your children. I am an elementary teacher that has done a Virtual Fieldtrip with my students (K-5) and I know what they were most interested in. They were fascinated with the fact that Lisbon had a major earthquake (1755) and then a tsunami and fires that wiped out much of Lisbon. They were also highly interest in the explorer connection and especially Vasco de Gama who they had to study in their explorer unit.

Lisbon is a history lesson waiting to happen and I can highly recommend Mosterio dos Jeronimos. Just a short hop from this is Pasteris de Belem where you can experience the best custard tarts you have only dreamed of eating. I am very fond of Carriage Museum that is nearby. I love the Belem Tower and the Monument to the Discoveries with the map of the world done in pavement. This is the only place in the world where I can stand in multiple continents <VBG>.

So much more. Just PM me OR take a look at the many previous messages on this forum concerning taking children to Lisbon.

Yours, Claudia

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lisbon 4 nights with child...best location and itiniary?

Hi POP1NorthWest

As far as what to see is concerned, considering that you "dont have to see all sights just the ones people really recommend", I suggest the following:

- Baixa (downtown), Chiado, Bairro Alto, Alfama and Castelo de São Jorge (castle);

- Belém (www.torrebelem.pt, www.mosteirojeronimos.pt, www.padraodosdescobrimentos.pt, www.pasteisdebelem.pt);

- Day trip to Sintra (www.parquesdesintra.pt, www.sintraromantica.net).

For the kids, I think that Oceanário (www.oceanario.pt) is always a good choice. It's on the Parque das Nações area (easily accessible by subway - red line) where you can also find Pavilhão do Conhecimento (www.pavconhecimento.pt), a really cool place for the younger (and not only).

For the hop on hop off bus see this site city-sightseeing.com/tours/…lisbon.htm.

Have a nice trip

3. Re: Lisbon 4 nights with child...best location and itiniary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 06:24