We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in October/November?

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in October/November?

Like to ask. what type of temperatures would one see and weather during months of October and November for this area?

thanks

anyone go to beach at this time? thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,555 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in October/November?

Beach - almost certainly not! Average daytime temperatures at the start of October might still be 23C / 72F, by the end of the month 19 / 68 and by end November 18 / 65. November especially can be wet and windy.

The beach season ends mid-September and although you can obviously still go to the beaches near Lisbon on a nice day there may not be any 'facilities' open.

There are no beaches in Lisbon itself. The city is 14 miles / 20km upriver from the coast.

Edited: 29 March 2014, 08:38
Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,131 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in October/November?

Lisbon: www.holiday-weather.com/lisbon/averages/

Cascais (beach): weather2travel.com/climate-guides/portugal/c…

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,645 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in October/November?

"anyone go to beach at this time" it depends. I'm not a beach person (I go there a couple of days in the year), but last year I had one of the best beach days of the year in October... in Costa da Caparica (south bank of Lisboa), and I wasn't alone there. You can have beautiful sunny days, horrible grey and rainy days, regular cloudy days. You'll feel the cold at night, portuguese sometimes will be dressed as if there were 0ºC (because is how we feel when it's bellow 12ºC). It's very easy to go to the beaches that are close to Lisboa, by train (Cascais/Estoril) and by bus (Costa da Caparica). Only we that have the beach/sea on our door steps, in so many beautiful places, consider that 20kms is far from the beach.

4. Re: Weather in October/November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 06:15