We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sintra - Pena Palace - National Palace- Quinta De Regaleira

London, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Sintra - Pena Palace - National Palace- Quinta De Regaleira

I have just about completed my itinerary thanks to very good responses on here. My last query (I hope) is - we are going to Sintra via train from Rossio station. We plan to take the 434 bus once we arrive in Sintra but we are unsure what order to do the above. We are only doing the three attractions - not going to Moorish Castle due to the steps - we would not be able to do this.

Should we come off the bus in the village, do the Palacio Nacional, board bus again and go and see Palacio de Pena, board bus for village again and then see Quinta De Regaleira. We are a bit confused in which order would be best.

Also, how do we get to Quinta De Regaleira from where the bus stops in the village.

Thanks again.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sintra - Pena Palace - National Palace- Quinta De Regaleira

Their other tourist bus, route 435, stops outside Quinta De Regaleira or it is about 3/4 of a mile walk from the railway station or half a mile, fairly uphill, from the old part of town. It might be an idea to visit that last as it is a downhill walk back into the historic centre or the bus can take you straight back to the station.

Although I have to say that trying to cram all three into one day is a bit of a rush to say the least!

Edited: 11 April 2014, 08:36
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
19,403 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sintra - Pena Palace - National Palace- Quinta De Regaleira

5€ ticket "Pena circuit - Go and return ticket, valid for line 434, whose circuit serves the Freedom Park, the Toy Museum, Sintra Palace (Palacio Nacional), the Moorish Castle and Pena Palace. On the way up users may disembark and reembark at all the stops to the Pena Palace. On the way down the system changes and passengers should disembark at their specific stop."

London, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sintra - Pena Palace - National Palace- Quinta De Regaleira

thank you both for your replies. I now realise I should have maybe posted this on the Sintra Forum. I did not realise there was one until too late. My apologies. However we have decided to concentrate on Pena Palace and Sintra Palace and will see how time goes. If we miss Quinta De Regaleira then we can give ourselves a good reason to return !!! Thanks again.

4. Re: Sintra - Pena Palace - National Palace- Quinta De Regaleira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 05:16