We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Alfama

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Topic
Airport to Alfama

Hi all

I land in Lisbon on wednesday early evening, can't wait!

My accommodation is an apartment in Alfama, and I'm wondering what's the best way to get there knowing I'll be carrying some luggage? I've heard how terrible taxi's from the airport are, and the best way I can see right now is Airport > Alameda station (red line), then Alameda to Rossio (blue line), then get a taxi to my room which is only 1.9km/5 min drive from Rossio.

Is this a good idea and worth the hassle? Will it save me money or should I just take a chance with a taxi driver and get there directly?

Thank you, can't wait to see your city, and I'll be at the big Benfica-Juventus game. SLB! SLB! SLB!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
19,865 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Alfama

Take a taxi at the airport. Nobody bothers to write the good experiences but everybody will write the bad...

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Alfama

hi five,your way is straight forward enough and will cost between 5 and 10 euros.if you have doubts with taxi drivers a simple solution is to ask a driver what the costs are first,it'll be between 15 and 20 euros.enjoy lisbon,i can imagine the atmosphere at the ground will be buzzing,colegio militar luz is the nearest metro station to the ground.

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Alfama

thats a good point 64novpt, who goes online to talk positive about the smaller things on a trip like cab drivers. i think ill just taxi it if the difference is 10 euros. ill talk to a driver first

thanks for the tips

4. Re: Airport to Alfama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Lisbon