We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Wifi

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Topic
Free Wifi

Good afternoon

I am coming to Lisbon in 2 weeks and I am very excited.

What is the WIFI situation like around Lisbon? I'm a frequent visitor to european cities and find that most cafes/bars./restarants have free wifi these days. What's it like in Lisbon?

Thanks

Hayley

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,532 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free Wifi

The same. It's not actually free as you are supposed to buy at least a drink.

Most hotels however charge for wifi.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
18,201 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free Wifi

Usually Macdonalds has the codes at the door, so it's usually free.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Free Wifi

Thanks both :)

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free Wifi

Hello Haylz,

I too will be visiting Lisbon third week in May, and will use wifi there. I was there also a few weeks ago, and last November. I used mostly the very comfortable lobby of Brown's Hotel in Rua Dos Sapateiros, downtown Baixa which also provides free wifi. Just ask for the pw for their 2.5GHz or 5GHz service. Very comfortable seating, aesthetically pleasing decor and furnishings, and superb sound system. Good coffee too. I believe I've used wifi at other Lisbon venues, but I also have mobile data so used that from time to time.

Do have a good vacation in this wonderful lovely city. Dylan Thomas would have found kindred spirits here, particularly in the Bairro Alto area.

Gazby

Cwmbran Wales

Lisbon, Portugal
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Free Wifi

Amoreiras shopping center has free wifi on all the building:

http://www.amoreiras.com/en/

6. Re: Free Wifi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 05:15