We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the difference between 1st & 2nd class on the train?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What is the difference between 1st & 2nd class on the train?

Hello travelling from Lisbon to Lagos. Is the 1st class ticket worth it? OR should I purchase a 2nd class ticket? Not sure what the advantages are? Thanks!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
18,238 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the difference between 1st & 2nd class on the train?

A little bit more space between seats is guaranteed at the train till Tunes, then it's a regional train till Lagos. If you buy the tickets in advance you can get a 40% discount, 1st class at that price is always better...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the difference between 1st & 2nd class on the train?

Thanks for the tip!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,579 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the difference between 1st & 2nd class on the train?

1st class also has some individual seats, so you don't sit next to anyone and the ALFA trains have power points for electronic devices at many seats, so you can if you wish choose a seat which has one. (Don't forget US devices will need to be fitted with the appropriate adapters.)

If I can book ahead I usually go first class between the Algarve and Lisbon.

4. Re: What is the difference between 1st & 2nd class on the train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 06:15